Official Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Not likely, he wants to go to the Jets, and they DO have the draft capitol to get him...although they may not want to part with the #2 pick overall. I still see Miami as the best fit with Tua and their old #1 pick going back to the Texans.
    I agree. I think he will end up with the Jets.

But a fan can dream...at least for a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Not likely, he wants to go to the Jets.
      I find it astounding that any football player who still has an intact brain would want to go from one wholly dysfunctional organization to another as historically dysfunctional as the Jets. I realize he holds Saleh in near awe, but still...the Jets ownership and management team has proven to be...well, everything he's trying to escape, no?
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

In addition to QB Deshaun Watson, QB Matthew Stafford and DL J.J. Watt are the other big names that are rumored to be traded this year.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          In addition to QB Deshaun Watson, QB Matthew Stafford and DL J.J. Watt are the other big names that are rumored to be traded this year.
          One down. Two to go.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid, son of head coach Andy Reid, reportedly told cops he consumed alcohol and Adderall medication before a 3-car crash Thursday night that left a 5-year-old in critical condition. Reid was driving a pickup truck that slammed into 2 cars that were pulled over on the side of an on-ramp. Britt is NOT expected to travel with the team to Tampa Bay for the Super Bowl.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Calvin Johnson, Alan Faneca, John Lynch, Drew Pearson & Bill Nunn elected to the HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Calvin Johnson, Alan Faneca, John Lynch, Drew Pearson & Bill Nunn elected to the HOF.
                Bill Nunn was long overdue. It's sad that the NFL pioneer and Steelers best scout ever didn't live long enough for his enshrinement.

Great article about Bill Nunn:
                https://theundefeated.com/features/p...outing-savant/

Great book about Bill Nunn:

Interesting trivia: Bill Nunn's son with the same name, played Radio Raheem in the 1989 Spike Lee film "Do The Right Thing".
                Last edited by madducks; 02-07-2021, 01:51 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Here's an interesting personal story about Bill Nunn.

I collect Steelers (and Pirates) yearbooks and media guides and have almost every one from the last 60 years. About 10 years ago, i purchased a couple of Steelers 1990's era yearbooks from the same seller on Ebay, who was selling them as one lot. After receiving them, i browsed through the pages and found an old yellowed letter size piece of paper inside of one. There was writing on both sides of the paper. On one side was a long list of large quantities of food and beverages. On the other side was what looked to be a rough draft of a letter to the Steelers media relations office requesting Steelers memorabilia that could be used as raffle items at a charity fundraiser. At the bottom of the letter was the signature of none other than Bill Nunn! So, apparently, my Steelers yearbook and probably several others are from the personal collection of former Steelers scout Bill Nunn.

And i still have that letter somewhere. I think i put it back in the yearbook but i'm not sure which one it was. I have to look again when i get time.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

and my favorite youtube engineer - MARK ROBER - comes through with a lesson for my class if we have a delayed snow opening - his stuff is usually awesome and never dissapoints

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                      and my favorite youtube engineer - MARK ROBER - comes through with a lesson for my class if we have a delayed snow opening - his stuff is usually awesome and never dissapoints

That was so cool.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Buc yeah!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

No Buc'n way!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ticky tac hold negates an Int.

They'll find a way for Brady to win it.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Ticky tac hold negates an Int.

They'll find a way for Brady to win it.
                              Not to mention at least one uncatchable ball - probably two - they called as PIs.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                Not to mention at least one uncatchable ball - probably two - they called as PIs.
                                It's like Trump appointed all the Refs............
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X