2k17: RJ Play for Play Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Keepers are due August 17th (they'll be processed in the early morning hours of 8/18).
    Got it. Thanks!

Comment

• Congrats on the baby traut!
      Last edited by Piney Boy; 08-16-2017, 08:07 AM. Reason: doh
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
        Hey guys let me take a minute to use a few more words than I did before. First off I'm glad you found a replacement. I have always enjoyed the level of competition in this league which has been based mostly just on love of the game since it's a relatively small dollar league.

Ed I agree with you wholeheartedly about someone leaving after having done some level of burning down. It certainly was not my intention when I made those moves. I doubly feel bad about it being somewhat last minute. I have been pretty MIA from the board as of late and under water getting ready for our first kid (due on 9/4) on top of having started a new job just a few months ago. None of this is said as an excuse but rather to let you know my thought process. I didn't expect that I would have the capacity to manage the number of leagues I previously played in with all of this happening. I decided on how many leagues I could manage and had to cut bait on the rest as to not be a drag. Honestly and truly when I made the trades I did last season I a) thought I had a good shot at pulling it out (obviously that didn't happen) and b) had no intention of leaving the league. If I felt I could have continued to be an active owner and asset to the league I would not have made this move.

Thanks for listening and I hope you don't hold it against me forever. Best of luck to everybody this season.
        Alex
        I understood before and I'm happy for you, but when you get left in the lerch and it starts to be crunch time, you can't have the whole league suffe. In any case, we found an owner and came up with an amicable solution for them. Obviously I'll see you around, and congrats again!

Comment

• Looking forward to getting the daft started on Monday. I'm down to two choices for the first overall pick. I'm struggling on which one to take...

Comment

• Everything should be all set. The new guys decided to go with Melvin Gordon as their final keeper, FYI. I added the keepers to their respective rounds and updated the 2k18 draft rounds for the kept players.

Remember, they also are getting compensatory picks at the end of rounds 2 (who they used on keeping Mike Evans, but that's not reflected in the draft results) and round 5.

Let's start getting the money Paypal'd in!!

Comment

Everything should be all set. The new guys decided to go with Melvin Gordon as their final keeper, FYI. I added the keepers to their respective rounds and updated the 2k18 draft rounds for the kept players.

Remember, they also are getting compensatory picks at the end of rounds 2 (who they used on keeping Mike Evans, but that's not reflected in the draft results) and round 5.

Let's start getting the money Paypal'd in!!
              Got it.

Comment

• PayPal sent.

Comment

• Got from Keith & John. Thanks fellas

Comment

Got from Keith & John. Thanks fellas
                    I just sent it

Comment

• Jamie, Paul & Chris, thanks!

Comment

• I send it in tonight after dinner...

I do have a suggestion though, I think that keepers should be maxed out at 3 years. If someone gets a gem in the later rounds, they keep them forever. Brown and Johnson are good current examples of that...it's really tough to stay competitive when a couple of teams essentially have top 5 players years after year, and still have all of their high picks. Just a thought after looking at my putrid keepers...
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Eh - the 2 round bump each year mitigates the long term impact most keepers can have. Sure there is always the outlier I guess but unless you see those teams with the "uber keepers" win year-in/year-out then I don't think it matters. Football is too random.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            I send it in tonight after dinner...

I do have a suggestion though, I think that keepers should be maxed out at 3 years. If someone gets a gem in the later rounds, they keep them forever. Brown and Johnson are good current examples of that...it's really tough to stay competitive when a couple of teams essentially have top 5 players years after year, and still have all of their high picks. Just a thought after looking at my putrid keepers...
                            Yeah, I tend to agree with you. I think Antonio Brown has not been available in something like 6 years.....

Comment

Yeah, I tend to agree with you. I think Antonio Brown has not been available in something like 6 years.....
                              And now David Johnson is a 6th rounder this year, and to Ed's point, Antonio Brown is entering his EIGHTH season, and next year will be the 1st that he'll be available for drafting. It can essentially be a dynasty league, for all practical purposes if you get lucky in the draft.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Money Sent!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X