2K16 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Drafting a kicker is dumb. Drafting a kicker in the third round is ridiculous. Trading up to draft a kicker in the third round is insanity.

According to pro-football-reference.com, there have been 10 kickers drafted in the 4th round or earlier in the last 20 years. Half of them had a career of 5 years or less, and another 2 were relatively non-descript.

Since the merger in 1970, there have been 20 kickers drafted in the third round or earlier, and only 5 enjoyed a career of 10+ years.

Obviously, Bucs management is not up on their draft history.
    Read a scout tweet that said roughly: "there are 3 kickers and punters that are stars, and the rest are interchangeable". Bucs better hope that this kid kick like Janikowski and lasts for over a decade.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Raiders trade up with the Browns in the 4th in order to select......QB Connor Cook? WTF is Fat Reggie doing this draft? I'm not liking this draft at all.
      Maybe he thought they needed a prick in the locker room

Comment

The Steelers use their first two picks on a cornerback and a safety. I wanted them to do this last year. Their secondary ended up being their biggest weakness. Better late than never i guess.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Browns drafted FIVE WRs and the Seahawks drafted 3 RBs.....

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            PFF's draft grades for all 32 teams: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-all-32-teams/
            The Browns have the wildest reviews I've read. PFF really likes their draft, a couple others outright flunked them.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              The Browns have the wildest reviews I've read. PFF really likes their draft, a couple others outright flunked them.
              I think a lot of that stems from the Ogbah and Nassib doubters. Also many are skeptical of Baylor WR so they don't love Coleman. Most importantly the Kessler pick has a lot of people scratching their heads. On the other hand you have to appreciate what they're trying to do... Play the field. Not everyone will pan out but they're trying to improve their odds by playing more hands.

Comment

Working...
              X