Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K16 NFL Draft Thread

and another big trade, with the Iggles moving up to #2:

Eagles acquired the No. 2 overall pick in the 2016 draft and a 2017 fourth-round pick from the Browns in exchange for the Nos. 8, 77, and 100 overall picks in the 2016 draft, a 2017 first-round pick, and a 2018 second-round pick.
    Apr 20 - 1:48 PM

1)Goff to STL
    2)Wentz to PHL

I am praying the Cowboys get Jalen Ramsey at 4.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Apparently Stephen Jones and the Cowboys' scouts want Ramsey but Jerruh and Garrett want Elliott.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        Apparently Stephen Jones and the Cowboys' scouts want Ramsey but Jerruh and Garrett want Elliott.
        This would suck so bad getting Elliott(except fantasy wise). You can find a RB next year and the year after that and the year after that. A shutdown corner like Ramsey does not come around every year.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Hoping the Chargers find a way to trade down, not past 8, but down.

I want Buckner, but not at 3.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

as the owner of the 1st pick in my rookie league draft, I'm hoping for Elliott to the Cowboys at #4. If that fails, I'd like to see the Dolphins trade up for him. I do not want to see him fall to the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              as the owner of the 1st pick in my rookie league draft, I'm hoping for Elliott to the Cowboys at #4. If that fails, I'd like to see the Dolphins trade up for him. I do not want to see him fall to the Bears.
              I'm hoping the Cowboys draft Bosa and Elliot falls to the Browns....and even if he did, they would probably do something stupid and draft a kicker.

Comment

Hey I dont give enough of a flip about the NFL draft to do much of any research (especially with April baseball about), but I just saw an article that said Derrick Henry wont be picked int he first round...huh? This guy has franchise back written all over him.

Comment

Bosa? Friarfan may just light his crotch on fire again after that pick.

As expected, the Cowboys go RB with Elliott. And Jax gets, arguably, the most talented player in the draft.

#6 is the first surprise for me - Looks like Tunsil's family problems are scaring teams away. Of course, the most recent photos may do him in, too. Tunsil falls out of the top ten.

The Bears give up a 4th rounder to move up two spots to rob the Giants from a questionable OLB....I don't know about that one.

And Tunsil finally goes to Miami at 13.

And, gosh, the Raiders take the modern reincarnation of Jack Tatum - Karl Joseph. ElD's gotta love this one.

And then Cleveland drafts a guy who's really fast that can't run routes. With RG III throwing to him. LOLOL.

Shaq Lawson comes off the board to the Bills at 19. Nice.

And Myles Jack and his questionable knee slide past 20.

The Texans feel the need...the need for speed. Didn't cost them much to move up, either.
                  Redskins continue the WR run with Doctson. And big shock, Jon Gruden talked up the guy going to Jay Gruden's team.
                  Vikings go with Treadwell. Three WRs in a row, with the Bengals coming up needing another WR...
                  But the Bengals break the trend and grab a ball-hawking CB in William Jackson III. Wow. AJ Green better stay healthy this year.

The Steelers must have really wanted Artie Burns - I think they waited about 0.8 seconds before handing in the pick.

And Denver trades up five places with Seattle. I'll bet the Packers are ticked - looking at who's left, I think they'd like to move down a few and get an extra pick or two. And big shock....they take Paxton Lynch. Hey, Sam Bradford - you're screwed, dude.

If the Packers don't trade down, I wonder which Alabama defensive player they'll take...unless they gamble on Myles Jack or Ndekmiche.

Well....I didn't see that. Kenny Clark from UCLA. A true NT, young guy. I'm surprised they didn't take Ragland, though.
                  Last edited by chancellor; 04-28-2016, 10:14 PM.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah from a fantasy perspective great spot for Elliot. I also think Doctson to Washington is a really good landing spot. Coleman in Cleveland and Fuller in Houston take hits on their potential values due to the overall dearth of talent in Cleveland and the presence of Hopkins in Houston. I don't love Paxton lynch but he definitely found a nice home. Eliot is going to be the top rookie drafted, and the top dynasty draft pick in each and every draft.

Wow Myles Jack really scared teams off. I wish the Giants had more firepower to creep back up for him here. I can't see him getting past the Browns in the 2nd round.

The Giants pick reeked of scrambling after their top two targets were taken by teams that traded up to the two spots before them to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                      Yeah from a fantasy perspective great spot for Elliot. I also think Doctson to Washington is a really good landing spot. Coleman in Cleveland and Fuller in Houston take hits on their potential values due to the overall dearth of talent in Cleveland and the presence of Hopkins in Houston. I don't love Paxton lynch but he definitely found a nice home. Eliot is going to be the top rookie drafted, and the top dynasty draft pick in each and every draft.

Wow Myles Jack really scared teams off. I wish the Giants had more firepower to creep back up for him here. I can't see him getting past the Browns in the 2nd round.

The Giants pick reeked of scrambling after their top two targets were taken by teams that traded up to the two spots before them to get them.
                      From a fantasy perspective doesn't Elliott have a concern of two other starting RBs and a 3rd down back already in place in Dallas? I guess one of those gets cut before the season - maybe McFadden?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        From a fantasy perspective doesn't Elliott have a concern of two other starting RBs and a 3rd down back already in place in Dallas? I guess one of those gets cut before the season - maybe McFadden?
                        Somebody may get cut but even if they don't the talent gap between Elliott and DMC/Alf is already huge. Garrett and Jerry were the United forces behind this pick (in opposition to the scouting department) and you can bet they want to cash that check quickly. This is even truer since Romo's window could start to close at any time. I don't think he could have ended up in a better situation

Comment

I think Myles Jack is now day 3. The Alabama defenders are sliding as a group.

Nice trade up for Denver. The SF trade was 2nd (#37), 4th and 6th for #28. That is actually a discount.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                            Somebody may get cut but even if they don't the talent gap between Elliott and DMC/Alf is already huge. Garrett and Jerry were the United forces behind this pick (in opposition to the scouting department) and you can bet they want to cash that check quickly. This is even truer since Romo's window could start to close at any time. I don't think he could have ended up in a better situation
                            Yeah, DMac or Morris are already starting to pack up their lockers. No worries about either cutting in any more than normal into EE's playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              I think Myles Jack is now day 3. The Alabama defenders are sliding as a group.

Nice trade up for Denver. The SF trade was 2nd (#37), 4th and 6th for #28. That is actually a discount.

J
                              No way Myles Jack makes it to day 3. Rumor up here is the Packers came this // close to taking him. Given the Packers traditional aversion to risk but Thompson's desire to take the best player available, that must have been one heck of a six-minute argument. If he's still available at a position they can package their second and one of their 4ths to move up and get him, he's gone. I agree with Traut, though, that they don't even get the chance.
                              Last edited by chancellor; 04-29-2016, 07:34 AM.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X