My How Did I Do Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My How Did I Do Thread

As discussed in My Keeper help thread, I'm in a 12 team, ppr, IDP, 3 keeper league.

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

Here's my roster (keepers in bold):

QB - Matt Ryan (7.10), Teddy Bridgewater (13.10)
    RB - Justin Forsett, Ameer Abdullah (4.10), Matt Jones (11.10), David Johnson (12.03), Jerrick McKinnon (19.10)
    WR - Odell Beckham Jr., Mike Evans, , Keenan Allen (5.10), Allen Robinson (6.03), Devin Funchess (10.03)
    TE - Martellus Bennett (8.03), Eric Ebron (14.03)
    K - Steven Hauchka (17.10)
    DL - Chandler Jones, Cameron Jordan (15.10)
    LB - Demorio Davis, Justin Houston (9.10), Ryan Kerrigan (18.03)
    DB - Earl Thomas , Tyrann Mathieu (16.03)

QB - Ryan is a lock for 4000+ yards and is a top 6 QB IMO. Bridgewater is one of my favorite sleepers this year and I love the weapomns around him. His accuracy is off the charts and won't kill me in INTs.

RB - I know I'm probably shallow at RB but we only have to start 1 and I can either use Abdullah or Robinson or Funchess. Matt Jones looks pretty awesome and may supplant Morris as the lead dog within a few weeks. Johnson only has Ellington in front of him and he's not exactly a lock for a full load and play a full 16 game schedule. McKinnon is purely there in case Peterson goes down. If so, I love his potential - remember, last year was his first year ever playing the position.

WR - I don't know how I could be any stronger at the position. OBJ and Evans are studs and Allen as a way above par #3 receiver. Allen Robinson slipped to me and I couldn't be more thrilled to have him as a #4. oh, and I also have the Panthers defacto #1 as insurance.

TE - Benentt is going to be a top 4 TE by years aned - and I predict he has a better year than Graham. I'm liking the post-hype sleeper buzz on Ebron.

Whaddya think?

I've never been in an IDP league, so no real idea how to judge their value. Your WRs are stacked, but your RBs are not deep. Abdullah needs to come through for you.

Comment

I also don't play IDP leagues, so I can comment on those players.

You should be in good shape at QB, although the weapons that Ryan has to work with scare me a little bit. Obviously they have Julio Jones but Roddy White is a year older and is banged up to start the season (at least its an elbow and not a leg injury). They don't have much at TE. Luckily their RBs are good receivers. I like Bridgewater as a back-up though.

Like revo said, you're really thin at RB. It's nice that you only have to start 1 each week but if Forsett gets injured and Abdullah doesn't step up, you could be hurting at RB. I like Jones, Johnson & McKinnon who could all have real value if the starter gets injured or with Jones & Johnso, they win the starting job during the season.

You're crazy deep at WR and will likely start 4 WRs each week. Not sure much else has to be said about this group.

I like Bennett who should get more targets with Marshall in New York. Ebron has the talent if he can be more consistent and eliminate the drops.

All in all, I think that Forsett is a very valuable player for you. If he goes down, you going to have to make a trade if one of your other RBs haven't stepped up.

Good luck!!
      14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
      RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
      WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
      TE: Olsen (NA)
      K: Lutz (7)
      DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Since you only have to start 1 RB and that's a very consistent Forsett, I'm good with that scenario.

Starting 4 WRs and having the actual depth to do it is golden!

Love Ryan this year as well...have him on a number of my teams.

Well done, grasshopper!

Comment

Yeah, with only having to start 1 RB, I figured I would grab one sure-fire bellcow, load up at WR and take a gamble on some young RBs.

I figure one of Abdullah, Jones, Johnson will emerge. And, if anything happens to Peterson, McKinnon is the man.

Comment

Working...
          X