Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Updated] Josh Gordon possibly suspended for all of 2015

Failed another drug test. ( alcohol )

And shortly after Gordon was suspended for drinking alcohol, Roger Goodell cashed another million dollar advertising check from Budweiser. What a joke the NFL has become.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      And shortly after Gordon was suspended for drinking alcohol, Roger Goodell cashed another million dollar advertising check from Budweiser. What a joke the NFL has become.
      One has nothing to do with the other.

Gordon has a long history of issues. He has lost his right to play in the NFL if he is caught drinking. He knows the rules. Testing positive after he knows the consequences shows there is a very bad problem here.

Comment

Well, here is the issue as I see it.... unless it was a DUI, or another actionable legal offense, how can he get a suspension for doing something that is legal in 50 states if you are of legal age.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
          Well, here is the issue as I see it.... unless it was a DUI, or another actionable legal offense, how can he get a suspension for doing something that is legal in 50 states if you are of legal age.
          It was part of his punishment from getting a DUI that he has to be alcohol free. He is not getting arrested he is getting suspended. He doesn't have to like it he has to obey it.

Many companies have a zero tolerance for alcohol. That means if you have even one beer at lunch and come back to work you can be fired. Don't have to like it have to obey it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            It was part of his punishment from getting a DUI that he has to be alcohol free. He is not getting arrested he is getting suspended. He doesn't have to like it he has to obey it.

Many companies have a zero tolerance for alcohol. That means if you have even one beer at lunch and come back to work you can be fired. Don't have to like it have to obey it.
            It's the off-season Gregg, he's not at work. He's on his own time.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Horns, I don't think that is the issue.

From Yahoo Sports:

It's almost inconceivable that Gordon would put himself in this position, after having a season-long suspension for a drug test lessened to 10 games last season. After Gordon came back, he was suspended for the season finale for skipping a walk-through practice. That 10-game suspension last year was the result of Gordon's fourth violation of the league's drug policy, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported at the time.

Like it or not he needs to follow the rules.

Comment

No, it is the issue, IMO. Suspending someone for doing what's entirely legal for 99.9% of the US population is crazy, especially since it happened in the off-season, on his own time.

So he's an idiot, so what...and let's not forget that his last drug test "violation" resulted in the league and the NFLPA changing the rules after the fact.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Yeah, he's an idiot. But so is his agent. Let's not forget the ban on alcohol is appealable; some dude named Favre back in the day successfully did so.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

One has nothing to do with the other.

Gordon has a long history of issues. He has lost his right to play in the NFL if he is caught drinking. He knows the rules. Testing positive after he knows the consequences shows there is a very bad problem here.
                    It has everything to do with the NFL being hypocrites. The NFL loves alcohol when they are making money off of it. It wouldn't surprise me if the NFL started letting Mile High Stadium sell marijuana brownies at the concession stands too.

I can't wait until Gordon wins a huge lawsuit against Goodell and the NFL. Maybe when one of Goodell's many mistakes hits the owners in the wallet they will finally show him the door.
                    Last edited by madducks; 01-26-2015, 04:54 AM.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      Sort of the NFL's own version of house arrest. He simply has lost his right to drink if he wants to play in the NFL. Now he can drink all day everyday if he chooses not to play.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        It has everything to do with the NFL being hypocrites. The NFL loves alcohol when they are making money off of it. It wouldn't surprise me if the NFL started letting Mile High Stadium sell marijuana brownies at the concession stands too.

I can't wait until Gordon wins a huge lawsuit against Goodell and the NFL. Maybe when one of Goodell's many mistakes hits the owners in the wallet they will finally show him the door.
                        Wouldn't this be like drinking and driving. We can drink and drive until we go over the limit and get caught. Then most of us get a second chance to drink and drive again. But if caught going over the limit again we will lose our right to drive.

He knew the consequences before he got caught. He made a choice to take a chance on not getting caught. Now he has to pay.

This has nothing to do with other players who can drink and "drive."

I have a bigger problem with players getting suspended for things that we can buy legally over the counter (cold meds, supplements, etc.) and yet I have to recognize that this is just part of doing business.

Comment

maybe the guy just made his money and is lazy and decided that he didnt want to bother playing football in 2015? If he is smart (doubtful), he would have wisely spent and invested his $3.8 million in guaranteed money of a nearly $6 million rookie contract. I mean is it out of the realm of possibility that the dude woke up, said to himself, I dont want to work hard anymore and figured this was an easy way to just get the year off? Sure not very smart, but lots of guys his age do dumb and lazy shit all the time and they dont have millions in the bank.

I just wanted to point out that there may be another side to this that football fans arent seeing, that's all.

Comment

remember Ricky Williams - Dolphins

The was an article about him Esquire December 2004 but I cant find an internet copy

part 2
                            http://www.esquire.com/features/the-...SQ1005GAME_118

Comment

Wouldn't this be like drinking and driving. We can drink and drive until we go over the limit and get caught. Then most of us get a second chance to drink and drive again. But if caught going over the limit again we will lose our right to drive.

He knew the consequences before he got caught. He made a choice to take a chance on not getting caught. Now he has to pay.

This has nothing to do with other players who can drink and "drive."

I have a bigger problem with players getting suspended for things that we can buy legally over the counter (cold meds, supplements, etc.) and yet I have to recognize that this is just part of doing business.
                              Why do you keep trying to interject the total speculation that he might have gotten another DUI? As far as we know, as far as any information that's leaked out so far, he simply failed an alcohol test. Nothing more, nothing less.

And no employer should have the right to tell you what you can or cannot do, on your own time. As long as you abide by their rules during the season (same as your hours at work), that should be more than good enough when it comes to legal substances.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X