Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make your predictions for Josh Gordon for RoS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    No, they're doing it with the full consent of the impotent NFL players association, which never should have caved in to half of the things that it did, including testing for alcohol as a condition for a suspension. Now if it turns out that Gordon did indeed have a DUI, it's a whole different story, but I suspect that if that were the case, it would have already come out.

Gordon was suspended last year for a minute amount of weed in his system, so small that it could have been indeed been in his system from simply being around someone who was smoking. The NFL and the NFLPA subsequently changed the level required for a penalty in mid contract. So now, Gordon is suspended, based in part on his previous failed test, which is no longer valid? And what if it comes out that he simply had some drinks at home the night before a test? Draconian bullshit...
    He did have a DUI. That's why alcohol was included in his testing protocol.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
      303 yards and zero TDs (5 games played). Not exactly the impact alot of fantasy teams were hoping for.

If I had what I predicted from him, I would have won my league.... in fact, 3 TDs would have done it.

Comment

I think there are two different arguments. First, is Gordon right or wrong for breaking the rules he knew were in place? Obviously he was wrong and will have to deal with the consequences. But the second, and more important IMO, argument is, why does the NFL have such an asinine set of rules that punish recreational drug users more than violent criminals? It's a laughing stock. I really wish people would wake up and actually start boycotting this idiotic league until they get their act together. I've already decided that I'm probably going to boycott next season because I'm so sick of it.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          He did have a DUI. That's why alcohol was included in his testing protocol.

He did NOT have a DUI in his latest failed test, at least nothing of that sort has been reported. He simply showed up with an undetermined amount of alcohol in his system on the day he was tested. And I don't have any idea how the tests are conducted...I would guess much like the Braun case, where the tester comes to your home, but I have no direct knowledge of that.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

I didn't say that. I said one of his previous violations was a DUI. Once you have a DUI, you get tested for alcohol in the NFL substance abuse program. Gordon knew this and drank anyway.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
            X