Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make your predictions for Josh Gordon for RoS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make your predictions for Josh Gordon for RoS.

I am going with 6 TDS and 510 yards.

I read this a couple of days ago.... seems rather a stupid thing to say, as I can't believe that the Browns won't feed Gordon the ball as long as they are in playoff contention, or just want to keep their team exciting.

"Instead, they are saying they are simply working with the receivers they have -- some hard-working receivers -- and, actually, Josh Gordon's going to need to fight his way back into this offense when he returns."

Coach speak.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      Coach speak.
      I believe that was actually the GM..... but in any case, pretty ridiculous to say that one of the top 3 WR's in the NFL will have to fight for his time. I don't quite get why they always say such stupid stuff that nobody believes.

Comment

"actually, Josh Gordon's going to need to fight his way back into this offense when he returns."

Taylor Gabriel is 5'8, 167. I like Gordon's odds in that fight.

Comment

He gets to play 6 games. at Atl (32nd in passing ypg allowed), at Buf (7th), Indy (27th), Cin (20th), at Car (23rd), at Bal (21st).

640 yards, 4 TDs.

Comment

Whatever it is, I am looking forward to benching the wrong guy each week between Maclin, Vincent Jackson, Megatron, Jeffrey and Gordon where I can only start 4.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              Whatever it is, I am looking forward to benching the wrong guy each week between Maclin, Vincent Jackson, Megatron, Jeffrey and Gordon where I can only start 4.
              Just bench Jackson and be done with it

Comment

I just realized Gordon is ONLY 23. Good lord....if he can resist weed he could have a great career.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

According to Schefter, Gordon flunked ANOTHER drug test and will be suspended for 2015.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    According to Schefter, Gordon flunked ANOTHER drug test and will be suspended for 2015.
                    Alcohol. The NFL is truly an embarrassment.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Alcohol. The NFL is truly an embarrassment.
                      Seriously, a substance that's legal in all 50 states, is the basis for suspending a guy for the entire season??? It's truly ridiculous, and frankly shameful for the NFL with all of it's other issues.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        If you get a DUI and are subject to testing as a condition of your parole/probation/whatever and subsequently test positive for alcohol then you may well end up in jail. Say what you want about the NFL, and I don't disagree generally speaking, but they're certainly not making this stuff up on their own.
                        No, they're doing it with the full consent of the impotent NFL players association, which never should have caved in to half of the things that it did, including testing for alcohol as a condition for a suspension. Now if it turns out that Gordon did indeed have a DUI, it's a whole different story, but I suspect that if that were the case, it would have already come out.

Gordon was suspended last year for a minute amount of weed in his system, so small that it could have been indeed been in his system from simply being around someone who was smoking. The NFL and the NFLPA subsequently changed the level required for a penalty in mid contract. So now, Gordon is suspended, based in part on his previous failed test, which is no longer valid? And what if it comes out that he simply had some drinks at home the night before a test? Draconian bullshit...
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

If I get paid $1M a year and as a condition of employment it says don't drink alcohol I think I will abide by that rule. Maybe it is harsh but the rules are the rules. This is the NFL so I am sure Gordon will appeal and the suspension will be reduced, maybe even eliminated, but eventually he will be kicked out of the league if he doesn't start abiding by the rules that he agrees to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
                            I am going with 6 TDS and 510 yards.

I read this a couple of days ago.... seems rather a stupid thing to say, as I can't believe that the Browns won't feed Gordon the ball as long as they are in playoff contention, or just want to keep their team exciting.

"Instead, they are saying they are simply working with the receivers they have -- some hard-working receivers -- and, actually, Josh Gordon's going to need to fight his way back into this offense when he returns."
                            303 yards and zero TDs (5 games played). Not exactly the impact alot of fantasy teams were hoping for.
                            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                            TE: Olsen (NA)
                            K: Lutz (7)
                            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                              If I get paid $1M a year and as a condition of employment it says don't drink alcohol I think I will abide by that rule. Maybe it is harsh but the rules are the rules. This is the NFL so I am sure Gordon will appeal and the suspension will be reduced, maybe even eliminated, but eventually he will be kicked out of the league if he doesn't start abiding by the rules that he agrees to follow.
                              I agree with this. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. If you can't follow the rules, then you don't deserve to play.
                              14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                              RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                              WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                              TE: Olsen (NA)
                              K: Lutz (7)
                              DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
                              X