No announcement yet.

*** VD 8 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to the available Hitters and Pitchers Spreadsheet (list of available players from the VD Scoring Sheet ... probably not a complete list ... but probably all the draftable players)

Light and easily sortable (best to use the sorts and filters on the drop-down arrows). Contains the BY and Career stats combined for ease.

----------------

That is a dropbox link ... the NSA and GCHQ apparently have free and open access to my dropbox account.

Comment

Get Inside Johnny A.

You just can't make this stuff up.

By the way, I'm almost through the first season of Archer. This is some pretty hysterically sick shit. "M as in Mancy." Classic.
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Link to the available Hitters and Pitchers Spreadsheet (list of available players from the VD Scoring Sheet ... probably not a complete list ... but probably all the draftable players)

Light and easily sortable (best to use the sorts and filters on the drop-down arrows). Contains the BY and Career stats combined for ease.

----------------

That is a dropbox link ... the NSA and GCHQ apparently have free and open access to my dropbox account.
        Thanks !
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Got a trivia question tonight that ties back to VD. No cheating and hopefully you don't all know it or I will feel bad for not knowing it...

This St Louis Hall of Famer had the nickname Ducky, name him.

Comment

Joe "Ducky" Medwick
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
              Got a trivia question tonight that ties back to VD. No cheating and hopefully you don't all know it or I will feel bad for not knowing it...

You should feel bad for not knowing it... a member of the famed Gashouse Gang... its not like some fantastical double nicknamed member known as the Wild Horse of the Osage from the same team....
              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post

Ducky Musial ?
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Ducky Musial ?
                  No, Musial was called the iron duck.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    No, Musial was called the iron duck.
                    who was "The Duck of Death" ?
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• It is Medwick but I really could not remember ever hearing that and just had no clue.

Comment

• Oh, look at that, I'm up.. I've actually got one draft that is more gestapo than this to make a pick in and then I'll be right back.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          Oh, look at that, I'm up.. I've actually got one draft that is more gestapo than this to make a pick in and then I'll be right back.
                          done... they were already talking about skipping me. Looking at a spreadsheet for the first time for this now.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            Oh, look at that, I'm up.. I've actually gotten one draft that is more gestapo than this to make a pick in and then I'll be right back.
                            Speaking of said ss...can you email the ss or link to me?
                            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                              Speaking of said ss...can you email the ss or link to me?
                              done.

Comment

• Way to go Heye...you didn't give your pick a new nickname.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X