No announcement yet.

*** VD 8 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry had a pre 4th of July party and was way too banged up to be picking. Working on it slowly now.

Comment

• I had "Duck, Duck, Goose...typed in myself before I thought too long and talked myself out of it...
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Pick up in the morn... feckin snow on the 4th... and me without me shovel. ..
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Fisk does not have an eligible best year before 1970.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• SDS will probably take Fisk's 1969 season where he split time between the Red Sox Florida Instructional League South and Pittsfield in the Eastern League.

14 HR, 50 Runs, 60 RBI, 5 SB, .243 BA.

We should probably add in his 0-5 he had with the Boston Red Sox, dropping that average a bit.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• SDS is skipped at 10.34am EST

Comment

• Had been looking at Carey for a couple of rounds. The 700+ career steals in a draft where only a handful of guys have more than 500 is too hard to pass up anymore.

Comment

• Heye is running around DC and won't make his pick until tonight - so the Hippo will have time to repick

Comment

• Sorry all.no computer while site seeing and i haven't looked at stats in days
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      Sorry all.no computer while site seeing and i haven't looked at stats in days
                      I heard Jorge Posada was still out there!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        Had been looking at Carey for a couple of rounds. The 700+ career steals in a draft where only a handful of guys have more than 500 is too hard to pass up anymore.
                        I was looking at Carey way back when I took Collins. I never went back to him for some reason...
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Anyone watching the Tennis? The Djokovic v Del Potro semi final was amazing.

Comment

• A programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.” The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              Anyone watching the Tennis? The Djokovic v Del Potro semi final was amazing.
                              Was just reading about it. Sounded epic.

Comment

• sorry all. pick up
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X