*** VD 8 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
    We still need a year for Medwick from SDS also.
    Well isn't that Ducky.

Comment

• Gonna be out all day again Saturday - so I'll send my pick to El D or Johnny. I'll send a couple in case Revo steals another of my picks
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• So I'm spending my Saturday morning trying to figure out what the funk I'm doing. Can't be bothered arsing around with adjusted rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          so i'm spending my saturday morning trying to figure out what the funk i'm doing. Can't be bothered arsing around with adjusted rankings.
          welcome to my world

Comment

• We should really start debating how to structure the 1875-1919 draft ... Saves and HR's are pretty useless ... I suppose the simple option is to leave them both out and go 8x8.

RUNS RBI SB AVG

W K ERA WHIP

Comment

We should really start debating how to structure the 1875-1919 draft ... Saves and HR's are pretty useless ... I suppose the simple option is to leave them both out and go 8x8.

RUNS RBI SB AVG

W K ERA WHIP
              Sounds good to me

Comment

We should really start debating how to structure the 1875-1919 draft ... Saves and HR's are pretty useless ... I suppose the simple option is to leave them both out and go 8x8.

RUNS RBI SB AVG

W K ERA WHIP
                I say keep it 10 x 10. Change HRs to XBHs (or triples). Change Saves to Complete Games.
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

We still need a year for Medwick from SDS also.
                  Apologies...1937
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    ...and Long John will prepare the spreadsheets for us all!
                    "Shouldn't be that hard to do," he said unsuspectingly.
                    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

RUNS RBI SB AVG

W K ERA WHIP
                      Such a lack of adventure there...but I guess the first pick in the draft can wrap up first in Career Homers pretty fast. I'm not staring at a spreadsheet right now to remember what information we do have, so I'll refrain from any suggestions for now...so I don't pull a Long John.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Such a lack of adventure there...but I guess the first pick in the draft can wrap up first in Career Homers pretty fast. I'm not staring at a spreadsheet right now to remember what information we do have, so I'll refrain from any suggestions for now...so I don't pull a Long John.
                        We don't have enough data on the SS to fulfill any exotic categories ... without a LOT of manual imputing. Even if someone can furnish me a complete list, the SS presently only includes a fraction of the eligible years, so the complete list would need serious editing back.

I like the idea of new categories as long as we don't get overlap. I have about 25% of a peak year draft database prepared (3 and 5 year peak periods). I haven't looked at that in ages, but that could change things up a lot, and provide some very interesting options.

Comment

We don't have enough data on the SS to fulfill any exotic categories ... without a LOT of manual imputing. Even if someone can furnish me a complete list, the SS presently only includes a fraction of the eligible years, so the complete list would need serious editing back.

I like the idea of new categories as long as we don't get overlap. I have about 25% of a peak year draft database prepared (3 and 5 year peak periods). I haven't looked at that in ages, but that could change things up a lot, and provide some very interesting options.
                          I assume the peak year idea would not be for the draft you are wanting to discuss. I'd hate to make any MAJOR changes in this series of drafts we are doing.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I assume the peak year idea would not be for the draft you are wanting to discuss. I'd hate to make any MAJOR changes in this series of drafts we are doing.
                            Its nowhere near ready, and I don't have time to work on it. That is not in the near future.

Comment

• I should have my post up in the next hour or so.
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• If Garp is ready, don't hesitate to skip me. I didn't bring my laptop home after work yesterday. Didnt think it would get back to me today...I'm still working on AMCG VD time... you guys are tenacious with your picks lol Pick up early in am (around 7-8a) if you can wait but not imperative if you are ready...
                                I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                                You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                                "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                                It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Working...
                                X