No announcement yet.

*** VD 8 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well my Cuyler pick was a reaction to both Sisler and Klein going. I have no SB's and Sisler would have been better, but I felt like if I didn't take Cuyler I was going to be stuck taking one of those BA anchors that has SB's. Also I got to type Tippecanoe.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      sadly, they block that here in the office.
      We are bringing Pink Donuts and Coffee to next years draft and nothing else.

Comment

• This seems like good VD Com fodder

Dogs and their owners

Comment

• not sure what to do with that.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I'm traveling today and at a conference until late Monday, so can someone email me when I'm up? I believe Revo, Johnny and maybe a couple of others have my email.

Comment

• I had Hubbell typed in, but changed my mind for Charley Hustle.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                I had Hubbell typed in, but changed my mind for Charley Hustle.
                In the first/second round I wanted Gibson and Hornsby and figured you would take one - and you did. In the third/fourth I wanted Sisler/Hubbell so I spent about an hour trying to figure out who I wanted more - I figured you were less likely to take Hubbell. Looks like I finally snuck something past you. The last two drafts you have stolen many of the guys I wanted.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Man that Hippo is Fuckin FLyin in this Draft!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                    Man that Hippo is Fuckin FLyin in this Draft!!!!!!!
                    I'll bet you never even tried to do a google image search for "flying hippo"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      I'll bet you never even tried to do a google image search for "flying hippo"

Sure wouldn't want to be under it when it took a shit !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        In the first/second round I wanted Gibson and Hornsby and figured you would take one - and you did. In the third/fourth I wanted Sisler/Hubbell so I spent about an hour trying to figure out who I wanted more - I figured you were less likely to take Hubbell. Looks like I finally snuck something past you. The last two drafts you have stolen many of the guys I wanted.
                        Then you would've finished 8th and I would've won!

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                          Man that Hippo is Fuckin FLyin in this Draft!!!!!!!
                          And I hope he knows Medwick is not a 3B......

Comment

Then you would've finished 8th and I would've won!
                            Well you can still win this draft ! Last draft it was mostly pitchers that you took that I was interested in. I was thinking about Rose a little bit too...
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And I hope he knows Medwick is not a 3B......
                              Oof...damn...was looking/thinking of "M" 3b... isnt that just ducky?

Fml lol
                              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Can someone let Long John know he's up?

Didn't plan to take an outfielder here but Wilson's BY I'd too tough to
                                pass up.

Comment

Working...
                                X