No announcement yet.

*** VD 7 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Given that we change format every draft, and modifications constantly need to be made to the official scoring sheet during the draft, I recommended doing rankings etc on the separate player only spreadsheet. That way you can simple replace the spreadsheet with the new version ... which is usually up-to-date within a few picks ... and it won't interfere with your own rankings and sorting.

Plus the player only sheet is very small, which makes it super fast to perform sorts even on lower powered PCs and laptops.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Jesus, the RJEL just kills me. I might start another RJ league next year, btw. Been thinking on it for a while now.
      put together DMTs west coast PONY league.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Hey johnny -the Kim & Kelley Deal covering Wicked Little Town from Hedwig and the Angry Inch
        Song starts at 3:15 mark
        youtube link
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Jesus, the RJEL just kills me. I might start another RJ league next year, btw. Been thinking on it for a while now.
          I know this site favors keeper leagues, but damn, do I hate them.

I like Jude and all, and even though he didn't say he was dumping, I didn't have anything close to Profar to offer, so I didn't have an issue with that deal. But the Stanton deal?? What the heck was he thinking there? Is Stanton at 22 and tied up for 3 more seasons really worth all that more than a $21 Cespedes, so much so that he also had to give Encarnacion AND Bumgarner????

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
            Hey johnny -the Kim & Kelley Deal covering Wicked Little Town from Hedwig and the Angry Inch
            Song starts at 3:15 mark
            youtube link
            That was really nice ... do you like "Title TK"? That whole record is recorded in the same minimalist style ... just Kim Deal's voice. One of my favorite records from the last 15 years ... ever in fact. I still listen to it regularly. Her voice seems soothing no matter what she's singing about.

Also one of my favorite lyrics in that song ... take that Charles.

But I've never seen the scarlet
            Or a riot or the violence of you
            I am the autumn in the scarlet
            I am the make-up on your eyes
            Last edited by johnnya24; 05-20-2013, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• At the Orioles game tonight...a last minute thing. I won't be able to pick until late. do what you think is best.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                At the Orioles game tonight...a last minute thing. I won't be able to pick until late. do what you think is best.
                Jamie Quirk it is then.

Comment

• At least give him someone worth having... like Dale Berra?
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Jamie Quirk it is then.
                    I don't think that is...best.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I think the most surprising thing about Jamie Quirk is that he was able to have a 20-year career despite never being able to hit his way out of a paper bag. I mean, for all the Lenn Sakatas and Rob Wilfongs of the world, it takes a singular talent to last that long in the Majors. That type of player would never survive in today's game, sadly. That's probably what's changed the most about the game over the years - more players available to fill spots on rosters means the level of talent on the bench is that much higher.
                      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• huh... I would have sworn I wasn't up when I did that.

Sorry. triple checking picks now.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• 1973 for Bobby Bonds, thanks.

Comment

• 5-10 mins

Comment

• Added BY to Ordonez in the draft thread.

Comment

Mauer needs 2012 stats updated.
                                Swamped at work this morning, if no one bugs me I should have my pick up in the next half hour...
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X