*** VD 6 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
    Hey Johnny, question. The spreadsheet has Van Haltren from the 1880s but the history thread has him from 1940. Is he the George Blanda of baseball or is that a mistake? Your mailbox was full.
    Thanks for pointing that out ... there is a problem with lots of player on the pick sheet it seems ... 1 cell every other round is showing 1940. I'll fix that tomorrow.

It does not effect the standings, only the Pick Sheet and some of the years History Thread (which is copy/pasted from the Pick sheet).

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
      Wait...I can take a 3rd B? That's new...and coooooool.
      Not new ... when we turned to WC's again, it just seemed easier to make them real WC's.

Comment

• When I said I was going to change tact with my S KO's, I was thinking of attacking L.

Comment

• KO Chief Bender
          This VD is gonna make me go on a Chief Bender
          Happy Easter all

Comment

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
            This VD is gonna make me go on a Chief Bender
            Happy Easter all
            Christos Aneste

Comment

• Sorry if this has already been discussed, but it looks like frae has two 1980 hitters - Dwight Evans 1987 and Mike Schmidt 1980.

I don't think that's allowed under wildcard rules:
              - "2 Wildcard Letters Added, with 1 extra OF and P slot added from VD5"
              - "14 of the 15 eligible hitting decades must be selected"
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                Sorry if this has already been discussed, but it looks like frae has two 1980 hitters - Dwight Evans 1987 and Mike Schmidt 1980.

I don't think that's allowed under wildcard rules:
                - "2 Wildcard Letters Added, with 1 extra OF and P slot added from VD5"
                - "14 of the 15 eligible hitting decades must be selected"
                I assume he'll need to take a 1970s year for Schmidt.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  I assume he'll need to take a 1970s year for Schmidt.
                  That has happened more in this draft than I can ever remember before. Weird. I'll email KS and get him to reveal the secrets of the "Pos" sheet before the next draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    That has happened more in this draft than I can ever remember before. Weird. I'll email KS and get him to reveal the secrets of the "Pos" sheet before the next draft.
                    We'd probably spot it much more quickly with a minor change - in the "dec" sheet, change conditional formatting to highlight in red for any cell with value > 1. (Current conditional formatting is purple for >0, that would have to be changed to purple if =1)
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      We'd probably spot it much more quickly with a minor change - in the "dec" sheet, change conditional formatting to highlight in red for any cell with value > 1. (Current conditional formatting is purple for >0, that would have to be changed to purple if =1)
                      I'll add that tonight ... not sure why I took that off.

.... I know ... this was built from the sheet of one of the earlier drafts, which was a letter only draft.

Comment

• speaking of conditional formatting.. not that it makes any difference but the standings sheet is still highlighting the top 3 teams based on 10 players so 8-10 are gold and 11-12 are white.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          speaking of conditional formatting.. not that it makes any difference but the standings sheet is still highlighting the top 3 teams based on 10 players so 8-10 are gold and 11-12 are white.
                          Fixed

10-12 = green
                          1-3 = pink

Comment

• Nice. I look good in pink.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              Nice. I look good in pink.
                              I tried green (go, fast etc) / red (stop, alert etc). But it looked 1997. So I metrosexualed it up and green became lime and red became pink.

Comment

• fuckin' feral slasher....

Comment

Working...
                                X