*** VD 6 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    why does Iwakuma's stats include his to-date 2013 stats? Are all active players being updated to include their 2013 stats? That could get ugly!
    That's a good point

They don't now

Comment

• Sending my pick to Johnny....
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Sprinting to the finish line ... 11 picks in less than a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Sprinting to the finish line ... 11 picks in less than a day.
          A lot of pick forwarding. When you are pretty much shoved toward particular picks, it's easier to send those picks to someone else.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
            A lot of pick forwarding. When you are pretty much shoved toward particular picks, it's easier to send those picks to someone else.
            Yeah ... most people are locked in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
              Looks like I spoke too soon. Damn me and my big mouth.

Comment

• Wow. Thoroughly disgusting to see my end game.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                  Wow. Thoroughly disgusting to see my end game.
                  Haha ... those useless QUIZY's don't look so useless now do they

You have to look at the crappier letters / decades in terms of relative value ... if Willie Mays is only 5% more valuable than the next ranked M, and Chief Zimmer is 20% more valuable than the next ranked Z, then Zimmer is often going to be the more optimal pick (there are maybe a dozen other factors you can bring into the equation as you get some more experience).

There's no way you can grasp the nuances of Vintage Drafting at the first try.

Comment

There's no way you can grasp the nuances of Vintage Drafting ever
                    Fixed for Wayne and I.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                      Fixed for Wayne and I.
                      Haven't you won or almost won one of these?

Heyelander just doesn't try that hard IMO.

Comment

Haven't you won or almost won one of these?

Heyelander just doesn't try that hard IMO.
                        I "almost" won when dumping stuff could work. I think I got very lucky and was the only one punting ratios one time and it almost all lined up. I think it was a tied for 2nd finish. I have finished 3rd I think 2 other times, but still I have some really bad finishes and mostly mediocrity. I don't even have a clue on where I am this time, but it feels bad.

Comment

• What happens if I don't have an option for my last pitcher? With Garp going Dutch, there is a possibility I will not have an option with my last pitcher.

Comment

What happens if I don't have an option for my last pitcher? With Garp going Dutch, there is a possibility I will not have an option with my last pitcher.
                            That is where the cash penalties come in to play
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

What happens if I don't have an option for my last pitcher? With Garp going Dutch, there is a possibility I will not have an option with my last pitcher.
                              You have to brush wayne's teeth at the pony draft.

Comment

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHh
                                That is friggin hilarious

Comment

Working...
                                X