*** VD 6 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    thinking about it though... that's close to minimum wage.... that's really scary and sad.
    But did you have fun? If you did, then you have to factor that in. You got paid to have fun!
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• So as not to hold up the draft for the 432rd time, I sent my pick to Controller Jacobs. Message him when I'm up.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Yesterday, the second best pitcher on the LA Dodgers, Zack Greinke, had his collarbone broken by an out-of-control Carlos Quentin. If Greinke had only had a right to carry a gun in the workplace, t…
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          ELD flip-flop on gun control stance in 3...2...
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            fuck! I thought we were all supposed to be locked into our picks now? How did I get two players sniped this round?
            I might have the worst sniping of all. I noticed that Revo had taken Medwick, and OF that he couldn't slot. No big deal to pretty much everyone except Revo, he'll just have to repick. So he uses a wildcard on a T player, Hal Trosky, exactly the player I had virtually locked in. Really...who would use a Wildcard on a T player?? What a fool that would be! Well, apparently the only fool was me, and right now losing Trosky has cost me 7 points in the standings vs the 4 revo is losing by taking Trosky instead of Medwick.

I should have just kept my mouth shut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
              I might have the worst sniping of all. I noticed that Revo had taken Medwick, and OF that he couldn't slot. No big deal to pretty much everyone except Revo, he'll just have to repick. So he uses a wildcard on a T player, Hal Trosky, exactly the player I had virtually locked in. Really...who would use a Wildcard on a T player?? What a fool that would be! Well, apparently the only fool was me, and right now losing Trosky has cost me 7 points in the standings vs the 4 revo is losing by taking Trosky instead of Medwick.

I should have just kept my mouth shut.
              LOL. After you outed my bad pick, I analyzed who needed what and figured you had Trosky pegged. So I knew I needed to grab him. And, for good measure, I figured you might need Elberfeld! So there! LOL.

Comment

• Been totally snowed under since last weekend. The WC letter selection have been odd this time around ... there have been more GRTK's than BCMSW's.

2 x G (not surprising to see 2 G's picked, but surprising to see them picked so early)
                4 x R !! (R is a decent letter, but nothign really more than that in this format. Yet somehow we've had 4 of them already)
                1 x T (surprising to see a T going as a WC, but Trotsky's BY is one of the best, and if that's what you need he was even good value as a WC)
                1 x K (K is a pretty decent letter in this format, but still not a letter you'd associate with a WC)

0 x C
                0 x S (clearly all the KO's have had an impact on the S's ... 7 premium S's KO'd)
                1 x M
                3 x W
                3 x B

It's also good to see us getting deeper into the player pool for the first time in ages: Falkenberg, Hahn, Flick ... it's been a while since this level of players were relevant ... 15/16+ person drafts. It's nice to get this deeper into the player pool without the delays and frustrations that come with bigger drafts ... I think we did one with 20+ back in the old days ... what a nightmare!

Comment

• So here's where it all comes crashing for the Rook. What a dumbass, I had Hughie Jennings pegged as my shortstop 3 weeks ago and I only realize now that Frae Ko'd him with his first one. AAAAHHHHHHH.

Comment

• Wow. Down to 2 choices for SS. I think I'm going to change one of my fantasy team names to the Ivy Olson Twins or Cntrl F'd Myself. Yikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      LOL. After you outed my bad pick, I analyzed who needed what and figured you had Trosky pegged. So I knew I needed to grab him. And, for good measure, I figured you might need Elberfeld! So there! LOL.
                      Elberfield was not on my target list. At least Traynor was a reasonable replacement for Trosky.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                        Wow. Down to 2 choices for SS. I think I'm going to change one of my fantasy team names to the Ivy Olson Twins or Cntrl F'd Myself. Yikes.
                        Welcome to the pain

Comment

• So after 2 years of being on my own and not really liking the Dating Pool I have been wading in I decided to invest in myself and sign up on an expensive dating site. Took the plunge after going through their introductory session and seeing how it works. Seems there is a shortage of tall - thin -full head of hair over 50 who could pass for 40 men. Working on my Profile - Should I list I enjoy VD

Comment

• Just remember to put your shirt back on after you crap in her apartment.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                              So after 2 years of being on my own and not really liking the Dating Pool I have been wading in I decided to invest in myself and sign up on an expensive dating site. Took the plunge after going through their introductory session and seeing how it works. Seems there is a shortage of tall - thin -full head of hair over 50 who could pass for 40 men. Working on my Profile - Should I list I enjoy VD
                              plenty of experience with VD?
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Sorry guys. I repicked for Ivy Olsen. I'm sure someone breathed a sigh of relief that he is still available.

Comment

Working...
                                X