No announcement yet.

*** VD 6 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one starting to think that Knuckleballs is actually Heyelender? The similarities are striking.

Just checking in and see that I'm up. I'll work on my pick.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
      Am I the only one starting to think that Knuckleballs is actually Heyelender? The similarities are striking.

Just checking in and see that I'm up. I'll work on my pick.
      we've met... been in the same room... and the universe didn't explode, so I think that means we're not.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I was thinking in the car on my way back from lunch... I'm pretty sure my crowning achievement in vintage drafting... aside from my videos... was snaking the Arctic Monkeys from Johnny in the Music Festival draft.

Comment

• I just realized about 3 minutes ago that *I* had taken Michael Young back in the 4th round. Not so good with knowing who's on my team...
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            we've met... been in the same room... and the universe didn't explode, so I think that means we're not.

Comment

• I just did projections for the rest of the draft and I came out as the winner, and by a lot.

Now all I have to do is go back and fill in everyone else's picks for the remainder of the draft.

Comment

• am I up to misspick again?

Comment

am I up to misspick again?
                  looks like it
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Crap. My Cntrl F showed nothing. Sorry guys. Keep going, I will pick as soon as I sift through my mess.

Comment

• On the snapshot page what do the numbers mean ? Is it the number of people who have drafted a given decade/letter ? So an 11 means no one can draft that ? Are wildcards excluded from this ?
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

fuckin' feral slasher....
                        Whenever Johnny abbreviated and wrote FFS, I always thought this is what he meant.
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'm picking in the morning, so get a good night's sleep all.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Holy crap that was a difficult decision.
                            I have...had...Eichhorn as the highest rated pitcher left that was available to me. I didn't really want him, but didn't think I could pass him up. So thank you for making that decision a little easier!

Comment

• If there were no wild cards, 11 would mean that the letter decade combo is locked out. Because we use wildcards, it's just a guide this time.

I haven't had time to mess with it this time around.

Comment

• The other side of RJ...

Sometimes I have to remind myself that some people come here primarily for the fantasy side of the board and that there are a whole ton of lurkers out there just reading what you all write about baseball players.

I saw this thread yesterday:

It has 5 different posters in it who have a sum total of 27 posts between them. I'm pretty sure I have more posts than that solely aimed at insulting Eld in this thread alone. I guess it just surprises me sometimes when I see that this site is so much bigger than my little corner.

That said... my guess is that the small VD community (if we included JC, BFly, DMT, Kev and others) makes up more than 60% of the content on this board.
                                Last edited by heyelander; 04-03-2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X