*** VD 4 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    When everyone else is concerned with BA it's the perfect time (or the perfect draft) to focus elsewhere. All you have to do is finish 2nd or higher in the multiplicative format. Hell, I bet a total BA punt would have worked really well this draft. A little late for that now, of course.
    I don't have enough experience yet that I was confident to punt anything. I think you are right though, it probably could have worked well in a couple categories this draft.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
      Yep I had another pick when I did Nap but it Killed my avg trying to figure a way around it ( and not doing a good job of it)

Granddaughter came at 4:00 am - 8 lbs 9 oz - Could not convince the mom to call her "Old Hoss" Hewitt
      Congratulations, man!

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        It's much, much harder to punt in multiplicative format.
        Especially with only 10 categories in play ...

Comment

• 3 weekdays for the last 2 rounds ... the end of this draft is going to be painful.

Comment

• wow Johnny, Greg Vaughn dropped your BA by 6 points!

Comment

• I like that johnny has sunk so low as to stop updating the history thread in his vain attempt to finish ahead of me this time around.

Good luck with that tough guy...
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                wow Johnny, Greg Vaughn dropped your BA by 6 points!
                Finishing top in batting average seems like such a waste ... gonna be hard for most teams to maintain a competitive batting score and a high batting average ... So why bother trying

I've been having a make mad gambles all draft ... Why stop now

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  I like that johnny has sunk so low as to stop updating the history thread in his vain attempt to finish ahead of me this time around.

Good luck with that tough guy...
                  Not at home ... Will update when I get back.

... I was worried you'd go an entire draft without a mispick.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Not at home ... Will update when I get back.
                    Too late now... damage is done. If you finish above me you get your second *

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    ... I was worried you'd go an entire draft without a mispick.
                    I just used up my second wildcard, so the chances increased dramatically.
                    Last edited by heyelander; 01-11-2013, 01:44 PM.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I'd been thinking about Baldwin for a long time...wasn't sure I could take the hit in era. 2.10 isn't very high but this draft is just crazy
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Happy Birthday Nate Berkenstock ! 42 years of excellence.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Sorry for the delay, guys. It's darn near impossible for me to get online during the weekends until after I get the kids off to sleep, and then tonight we had a dinner/babysitter so I couldn't get on until after we got home. I see frae is here so I'll try to hold off on going to bed so I don't leave y'all hanging all day tomorrow, too.

Comment

• Anyone other than frae who will be able to post a pick tonight or tomorrow AM than I can send my pick to via PM?

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                              Anyone other than frae who will be able to post a pick tonight or tomorrow AM than I can send my pick to via PM?
                              Sure, I'll be around.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                                Anyone other than frae who will be able to post a pick tonight or tomorrow AM than I can send my pick to via PM?
                                TSGarp is often around later being on the west coast ... or Eldiablo ... it won't go anywhere if he aint around in any case.

Comment

Working...
                                X