No announcement yet.

*** VD 4 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of... I don't think I've made a miss-pick yet this draft, right? After like 3 of my first 5 being illegal last draft, that's something to be proud of.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• It's alright ... we're at the end of the line blues.

Comment

• I just want this torture to end! This draft has been one pain in the ass after another for me. Every round something new to chew on.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          I just want this torture to end! This draft has been one pain in the ass after another for me. Every round something new to chew on.
          I keep thinking back to comment "it makes my brainz hurt". This draft has seemed a lot more difficult than the others I've been in, there have been many times I've said this will be the last draft I do for a while. Every category is so amazingly close.

One other thought. QUIZYs just suck. I just hate having to draft them, maybe we should try a draft without them. It would be all Rainbows and Unicorns...
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            I keep thinking back to comment "it makes my brainz hurt". This draft has seemed a lot more difficult than the others I've been in, there have been many times I've said this will be the last draft I do for a while. Every category is so amazingly close.

One other thought. QUIZYs just suck. I just hate having to draft them, maybe we should try a draft without them. It would be all Rainbows and Unicorns...
            I'm not hating it because of the format, I'm hating it because every decision I've made has backfired gloriously in my face, and I've had to gamble more and more in order to try and retrieve the damage, and every gamble has backfired. It's just one of those drafts were everything seems to go wrong for me.

The pain of vintage drafting

Comment

I'm not hating it because of the format, I'm hating it because every decision I've made has backfired gloriously in my face, and I've had to gamble more and more in order to try and retrieve the damage, and every gamble has backfired. It's just one of those drafts were everything seems to go wrong for me.

The pain of vintage drafting
              I actually like the format, it's just so close that I agonize over every pick.
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• It's amazing how bunched up the BA category is -- 9 of the 11 teams have BAs from .340 to .3461. One middling BA can whack your BA by a good four points, as Slasher just found out with Charlie Irwin. This could be the category that decides this race.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  It's amazing how bunched up the BA category is -- 9 of the 11 teams have BAs from .340 to .3461. One middling BA can whack your BA by a good four points, as Slasher just found out with Charlie Irwin. This could be the category that decides this race.
                  Yep I had another pick when I did Nap but it Killed my avg trying to figure a way around it ( and not doing a good job of it)

Granddaughter came at 4:00 am - 8 lbs 9 oz - Could not convince the mom to call her "Old Hoss" Hewitt

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    It's amazing how bunched up the BA category is -- 9 of the 11 teams have BAs from .340 to .3461. One middling BA can whack your BA by a good four points, as Slasher just found out with Charlie Irwin. This could be the category that decides this race.
                    I'll be surprised if a single person averages above 0.344, and I'd guess only a couple will average more than 0.340.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                      Yep I had another pick when I did Nap but it Killed my avg trying to figure a way around it ( and not doing a good job of it)

Granddaughter came at 4:00 am - 8 lbs 9 oz - Could not convince the mom to call her "Old Hoss" Hewitt
                      Congrats! Hope everyone is healthy and happy!
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        Congrats! Hope everyone is healthy and happy!
                        yep No problems. My other daughter is a nurse on the delivery floor and it was her night to work so she got paid to help with her Sister giving birth. I even got along with the ex. But didn't get to spend much time on my Vintage draft scouting.

Comment

Congrats ... I guess "Cannonball" is out of the question?

Comment

Congrats ... I guess "Cannonball" is out of the question?
                            Well I been calling her Happy for the last 3 months and this morning I took her older brother (he is 5) out for breakfast . He turns to me and said. "When will I get to see Happy" So I got that going for me

Comment

Congrats Hacko!

Originally posted by johnny
                              I'll be surprised if a single person averages above 0.344, and I'd guess only a couple will average more than 0.340.
                              I need only two more hitters, both UTL, and currently have my BA at .3455, so I don't think I'll be south of .340.

Comment

Congratulations !

I was wondering who was going to take Napoli, Seems like he is a pretty good pick at this point with the noted BA contstraints
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X