*** VD 4 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    I might want to watch if they were throwing the darts at each other.
    ooh what channel is that on?

Comment

Dude, Slasher, bro man guy fella dude! Where you be, my man?
      The Feral McSlasher has finally kicked out everyone from the family gathering. I'll take a look and hopefully get my pick up in the next hour... Happy Fake Birthday Johnny !
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Happy birthday, Johnny!

Hope you find some morals in the black, hateful space where your Christian heart should be as you turn your Jesus +5 year!
        Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        The Feral McSlasher has finally kicked out everyone from the family gathering. I'll take a look and hopefully get my pick up in the next hour... Happy Fake Birthday Johnny !
        Originally posted by hacko View Post
        Happy B- day Johnny- Really New Year Baby?
        Thanks all ... birthday is actually the 7th Jan ... so not far off

Comment

Need to input some picks as once again the history thread is dangerously out of date. Then I will perform complicated calculations, determine probabilistic outcomes, analyze scenario potentialities, and then choose a guy at random.
          sounds like what I do at my job everyday.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Does anyone have an updated spreadsheet (do y'all still call it a Seitzer Sheet?) that they can email me as a New Year's present? [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              Does anyone have an updated spreadsheet (do y'all still call it a Seitzer Sheet?) that they can email me as a New Year's present? [email protected]
              there is one that is linked to the first page of the draft. Not sure if it has the last few picks inputted, but johnny keeps it pretty up to day.

Comment

I will say this - I thought Javy Lopez was a very good pick.
                Thanks. I almost talked myself out of it for fear that I was being a Braves homer, but that was a very very solid season for a catcher.

Comment

Need to input some picks as once again the history thread is dangerously out of date. Then I will perform complicated calculations, determine probabilistic outcomes, analyze scenario potentialities, and then choose a guy at random.
                  Only 1 pick was missing ... I'm not updating the whole rounds until the end of each round ... in case someone copy/pastes the even rounds into the wrong place.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    Does anyone have an updated spreadsheet (do y'all still call it a Seitzer Sheet?) that they can email me as a New Year's present? [email protected]
                    First post of the Draft thread and History Thread has a downloadable link. It's usually updated to within a few picks.

Comment

• I just did an update to the Spreadsheet

The Snapshot sheet now automatically updates the eligible positions for each hitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        I was explaining vintage drafting to my dad and asked him how to optimize values based on the matrix of letters and positions I showed him. He has a PhD in physics, does lots of computer programming and is still really sharp and even takes college courses as an 80 year old. He must have spent 2 hours thinking this over and scribbling notes instead of watching football. It was pretty funny.
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I will say this - I thought Javy Lopez was a very good pick.
                          Agreed. Very nice pick
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I thought it sucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              I thought it sucked.

Comment

Hard choice between 1924 and 1921 for Ross Youngs. I actually have '21 ranked higher by an extremely slight margin but went with my gut. That's never the wrong way to go, right? Heh.
                                Youngs has five amazingly similar seasons, and I have 1923 and 1924 in a statistical dead heat, with 1922 about 3% lower, 1921 5% lower, and 1920 about 10% lower. But my rankings may overweight BA a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X