• My pick is posted...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Sorry will pick in the mornin'!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
          Excellent

Comment

• The SS has been updated with the 2012 Career Hitters Stats for 51 players.

If you just want the list of players that have been updated, there is a link in the history thread.

I'll do the pitchers early next week.

Comment

• after a cursory scan I almost took alomar.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

****, did I skip revo again?

That's twice! No worries, I wasn't taking a 2nd Y. He all yours.

Comment

• This might help Eld

Comment

• I'll have my pick up in half an hour or so
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I am all over the place on this draft. I find myself changing my mind about a thousand times. Really hard to figure things out...
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        I am all over the place on this draft. I find myself changing my mind about a thousand times. Really hard to figure things out...
                        Yeah ... it's become one of those drafts where I'm not thinking about my next pick until it's time to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Yeah ... it's become one of those drafts where I'm not thinking about my next pick until it's time to go.
                          Also noticing that just about every pick before and after mine is a guy I've been considering -- so I'm thinking it should be a pretty competitive draft.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Some team reviews?

Joncarlos - usually my nemesis when if comes to stealing picks ... glad he's far away from me! Wasn't keen on the Joss pick in terms of value, but it made sense as a pairing with Radbourne. I'm a little surprised about the early Darrell Evans pick ... that is a pretty big dent to the BA so early. If I were looking at Evans I might have been inclined to wait and gamble for a few rounds ... especially given that it's a multi draft, and most people won't be wanting to take an early hit like that. Both minor issues, because Evans remains very good value ... and apart from those, very good value for all the other picks. JC teams usually look great up until the mid-way point ... can he keep up the momentum? Can he avoid getting down on his team like VD1 when he had a great shot of winning at one point?

Heyelander - Obvious BA punt ... well if he aint, he better start thinking about it, because he's never catching anyone else So far doing everything right. I'm betting Ricky sealed the deal with his strategy. There are a few obvious pitfalls with punting BA that Heye needs to be careful about ... and looking at his first 3 hitting picks, he could be falling slap-bang into one of them. Pitching is great as you'd expect, and as it needs to be. Seaver in the 6th was terrific value.

Revo - So far huge emphasis placed on hitting (7-1 split), and as you'd expect, a pretty awesome lineup. Wasn't keen on Piazza as a value pick, but understood it as a "now or never" pick. I expected him to go earlier than his worth, so if you wanted him, you probably had to jump on him earlier. I probably would have waited / gambled on Ross Youngs dropping further. The pitching is a virtual blank slate with only Randy Johnson on board ... looks like Revo made a conscious decision to chase hitting early, and may have just picked Randy based on his insane value in the 4th round ... he had slipped a lot further than he should have.

Comment

Definitely thought about Simmons with that last pick but I was getting worried about 2B for whatever reason....
                              Kinda surprised he was still around ... he wasn't on my radar.

Comment

• I think I pussed out on that last pick. I had delusions that maybe I could save me BY BA at some point, but I think I should have just accepted that I was punting both. Career was for sure.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X