• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we get this finished today?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Can we get this finished today?
      Don't we have 2 1/2 rounds to go? I am guessing no.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Don't we have 2 1/2 rounds to go? I am guessing no.
        I suppose it does drag a bit in the last couple ...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Do you mind writing Ford's 1955 out, JC? Thanks!
          Added to the draft thread

Comment

Thanks!

Now I'd like to know why JC picked 1955. I can't really see a good reason for it at a glance...
            It could be worth +0.00 points more than the typical Ford year

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
              Sorry guys -- posted pick this morning at home then left for the day for meetings. Problem is, I apparently never actually hit "post." Apologies.
              way to grind things to a halt there Garp...

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Thanks!

Now I'd like to know why JC picked 1955. I can't really see a good reason for it at a glance...
                Because I didn't know what Heye was going to do with his last pitching spot, and Ford's 2 saves in 1955 made us tied in BY saves. Going from 1 to 1.5 is a big swing. Ultimately it didn't matter since Heye too Reardon. I could have waited but it seems like choosing my catcher last might help me figure out more points than waiting on Whitey's season.

Comment

• Johnny your pm box is full.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                    Johnny your pm box is full.
                    Fixed

Comment

Damn, Johnny is pretty good at this thing, eh?
                      Indeed.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• here just crunching number then will make my pick

Comment

• I picked a very bad draft to do a (bad) pitching punt.......

Comment

• Will pick in the am.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Damn, Johnny is pretty good at this thing, eh?
                              Just lucked on a strategy worked

Used modern hitter slots on QUIZY because I figured that was were the max value would be in the mid rounds ... and got epic value on Utley, Ibanez and Eric Young ... not to mention Joe Quinn. Jumped on Utley relatively early because I wasn't sure if I was punting BA, and if so, I needed a strong BY line early to cover my later picks. Had planned on no dump slots, but that wasn't tenable.

Figured that most WC's would be used on BCMSW due to the flexibility rather than pure value. So that would leave DGHR with a lot of undrafted value near the end ... had crazy flexibility with GHD at the end.

I was hoping that someone would do a proper BA punt after I picked Ott and F-Rob as my first 2 hitters (Heyelander and Hacko were both candidates). I picked Klein and Simmons as my 4th and 5th hitters just in case I had to chase BA. Heye's pick of Fisk to follow up Henderson and Yaz sealed the deal for him ... I fancied my chances of staying above him even if he started to chase BA (hence the Simmons pick) ... if I had to chase, I would have targeted Hacko's BA also ... wouldn't have worked looking at Hacko's hitting, but would have allowed me to catch a few others. Doing a BA punt and avoiding the 1's seemed important at the time.

... in hindsight, there was probably nothing wrong with a complete BA punt, but I just wasn't sure how two 1's would play in an 8 person draft (Hacko has two 1's and two 2's and he will finish high ... very high risk strategy that seems to have payed off).

Wally J and Walsh made my pitching very easy to manage ... just missed one target (Valverde).

Comment

• When I didn't get Walsh or Keefe in RD 3 I knew I was in trouble in Pit Cat esp era and whip - it almost forced me to take Ryan which sealed the deal in those 2 cat. At the same time I was looking bad in BA which I worked the rest of the draft to keep out of the bottom in . I missed at least half a dozen targets and really regret not getting a decent "I" but it was definitly my best effort just curious to hear where some of you see where I F-up at.

Comment

Working...
                                X