No announcement yet.

*** VD 3 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here just home from work let me get my crap together I also was in the take Lolich camp

Comment

• Pretty sure Sutton is taken...

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
        Pretty sure Sutton is taken...
        Ok repick to sutter then

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          How about this ... this could work now -

You can group however many years you like in B-R.com ... and it will aggregate those years for you into a 162 average.

Then copy-paste the stats line with your pick, and then we can enter it into the SS as a new year (2099 or something)
          sounds ok with me

Comment

• I'll mention again the idea of a Blind Auction. I've run them for regular baseball leagues and though it's some work, it can go relatively quick.

I envision it this way: Each participant nominates 2 players a round. It is probably better to do this blind also, but it could be done on here. Repeats could be filtered out and leave a list of auctionable players for the round of bidding. All bids are sent in by draftees within a time limit, 24-36 hours. Whoever has the highest bid on the player wins the player.

To eliminate some issues, a priority list for the participants is created for each round. The participant with the highest priority gets...well priority...in any ties in bidding.

Also, participants can make a priority list...such as Foxx 42 Mantle 37. If I win Foxx, I don't want Mantle.

It'll be a barrage of comments after each round, I imagine.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Spreadsheet Fixes

Please download the latest version of the Spreadsheet. There were certain errors on late entries on one or two teams ... the scoring sheets wasn't detecting the entries.

I also fixed the error alert when someone inputs a 3rd letter (i.e. if someone uses both WC's on the same letter).

Comment

• Didn't get a PM last night, or if I did I missed it, but I'm here now looking things over.

Comment

• gah! Mith really is just a troll right?
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    gah! Mith really is just a troll right?
                    I just think he likes to rankle the crowd - more of an act then reality

Comment

• I wanna get my ball and go play outside his house.

Comment

• Did some preliminary non-optimized projections ... 6 people in with a shout I'd say.

Comment

• ARRRg -it is hard to believe that Ivie being pick would cause much of a wave but I was counting on taking him. I really hate REVO

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                            ARRRg -it is hard to believe that Ivie being pick would cause much of a wave but I was counting on taking him. I really hate REVO
                            Well, if it's any consolation, he definitely wasn't making it to you. I had Ivie penciled in for about 6 rounds now, but looked at my offense and decided they couldn't stomach another zero. Hopefully Vance/Maddux/Sutton means my pitching staff CAN tolerate a blank, so I switched to Innis.

Comment

I just think he likes to rankle the crowd - more of an act then reality
                              = troll.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

ARRRg -it is hard to believe that Ivie being pick would cause much of a wave but I was counting on taking him. I really hate REVO
                                after tossing around a few other options, and with Innis gone leaving no other viable I pitchers, I realized I had to use the letter on a hitter. I would've preferred to use it on an MI, but nothing worked. And the other letters I have left didn't have as much conflicts with other drafters. I figured he was on your list, so it was do or die with him now.

I'm sure he'd love to hear how coveted he was. Maybe we can send him a note.

Comment

Working...
                                X