Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS is updated through 11.13.

I've also made a couple of updates.
    -The hit_seas and pit_seas sheets now show players that have been KO'd, but will not show them as KO'd for years that are not eligible.
    -The dash sheet shows the number of KOs each drafter has made so far. (I put it at the bottom.)

If you are updating this version on your own, copy and paste the drafter in the "KO'd by" column. This will allow the count in the dash sheet to continue to be accurate. I'm sure there's a lookup formula of some kind to automatically generate the pick and drafter, but I'm not that savvy enough in Excel to figure that out.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I'll do your team:

Foxx looks like an inspired pick @ 2.07 ... his value has ballooned most among the top players due to KO's ... I reckon has value has gone up 10-15%. I also really liked the Jackie Robinson and Ken Williams picks ... nicely timed. Not delirious about the Pete Rose pick ... always goes too high IMO ... but that's just nit picking really. Everything else look really solid ... no reason to think you won't be in contention ... solid numbers right across the board.
      Thanks, I am still curious how my pitching is going to get put together, but I like what I have got so far for hitting.

Comment

• We haven't had a single standings post yet ... I'm not keeping my SS up to date for everyone in this draft, so I'm no help here.

Maybe LJ ... and someone else who is keeping their SS up to date manually?

Comment

• Exempt decades make this interesting ... maybe we should roll the dice and have some random exempt decades every draft. Add a bit of unpredictability.

Comment

We haven't had a single standings post yet ... I'm not keeping my SS up to date for everyone in this draft, so I'm no help here.

Maybe LJ ... and someone else who is keeping their SS up to date manually?
            Yeah, I wanted to wait until we got deeper into the draft. Standings are almost meaningless through the first 10 rounds or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
              Yeah, I wanted to wait until we got deeper into the draft. Standings are almost meaningless through the first 10 rounds or so.
              Yeah ... but's it's easier to see where any errors are if we do it gradually.

Comment

Exempt decades make this interesting ... maybe we should roll the dice and have some random exempt decades every draft. Add a bit of unpredictability.
                You can count me out of anything like that. I'm not enjoying the half-assed knock-outs...to make it part of the draft on purpose would keep me on the sidelines.

I am keeping standings separate from LJ...but other than Barnes, I haven't updated any stats for players that have had them magically changed.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                  You can count me out of anything like that. I'm not enjoying the half-assed knock-outs...to make it part of the draft on purpose would keep me on the sidelines.

I am keeping standings separate from LJ...but other than Barnes, I haven't updated any stats for players that have had them magically changed.
                  I'm not in favor of these exempt decades either, a KO's a KO.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post

It was half in jest ... geez ... always so serious.

KO's have shook things up nicely ... we did 21 drafts in 4 years, then we did 2 drafts in the last 2 years ... all because it was getting so boring and predictable. IMO we need to keep KO's and play around with the parameters for each draft (number of KO's, period of KO's, maybe even some random element etc) in order to modify the values. I don't think we can go back to additive drafting again given what happened last draft, and multi-scoring drafting gets very stale if we don't try hard to shake things up.

Comment

• I'd like to try era+ and maybe ops+. But I don't know how much work it would be to re-grab all the stats.
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I was thinking we try to do a reverse fantasy draft where you have to pick out the worst players in MLB history. Minimum 20k innings pitched. Guys like Al Spalding will be coveted for their lack of Ks. Guys like Denny Neagle and Dave LaPoint will be coveted for their lack of effectiveness. Anthony Young will be coveted for his inability to win.

This would also require updating up stats, but both would be worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                          I'd like to try era+ and maybe ops+. But I don't know how much work it would be to re-grab all the stats.
                          I'm sure most of the relevant stats can be imported relatively easily. The league stats should be easy to find. Does B-R.com have the ballpark adjustment factors?

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                            I was thinking we try to do a reverse fantasy draft where you have to pick out the worst players in MLB history. Minimum 20k innings pitched. Guys like Al Spalding will be coveted for their lack of Ks. Guys like Denny Neagle and Dave LaPoint will be coveted for their lack of effectiveness. Anthony Young will be coveted for his inability to win.

This would also require updating up stats, but both would be worth it.
                            I'm pretty sure this was debated (broached) before ... we'd probably need to re-think most of the scoring categories.

Comment

It was half in jest ... geez ... always so serious.

KO's have shook things up nicely ... we did 21 drafts in 4 years, then we did 2 drafts in the last 2 years ... all because it was getting so boring and predictable. IMO we need to keep KO's and play around with the parameters for each draft (number of KO's, period of KO's, maybe even some random element etc) in order to modify the values. I don't think we can go back to additive drafting again given what happened last draft, and multi-scoring drafting gets very stale if we don't try hard to shake things up.
                              I agree - ko did really shake up drafting - and where players were selected plus it looks like it is going to bring in a whole group of players never before drafted. Like I said early I hate when someone knock out someone I need but it makes you look a little deeper in the pool

Comment

• ... and now for something completely different:

Someone was probably paid to research this

Cheese & Pickle <3

Comment

Working...
                                X