*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating SS... pick up before I leave work at 4
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Quick pick...can't be any worse than my well thought, agonized over travesties of past VDs lol...

On my way home now, send me a text if RR comes on and makes his picks...
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        I'd have KO'd him just to avoid the frustration.
        That's what I did with Heilmann and Goslin. After taking Sisler in the 7th, I was seriously irked when I spotted Heilmann sitting around two rounds later.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Hartnett is a real similar player to Dickey who I drafted several rounds ago. I'm not doing a good job of figuring out when people are going do be drafted. I also think starting the draft with 2 pitchers was a bad idea since I've been struggling to catch up in hitting. Vintage Drafting is HARD.
          Opening with 2 pitchers was much easier last draft. The multi-scoring reduces the number of tanking options. And, more importantly, pitchers and hitters do not share decades. Open a LI draft with two pitchers and you can use them to absorb some quizy players, letting your hitting even out.
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• RR was on here for awhile earlier today.....
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• SS is updated through SDS pick in Rd 10.

With KOs, the Career sheets show the KO'd player, but I haven't had the time to figure out the formulas for the Season sheets. Will try to do that this weekend if I get some time.
              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Sorry guys - by the time I got to sit down last night I had an auction to do and about 20 minutes to prepare for it.
                Getting my lists updated now and will try to make a pick. Things are looking ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                  Sorry guys - by the time I got to sit down last night I had an auction to do and about 20 minutes to prepare for it.
                  Getting my lists updated now and will try to make a pick. Things are looking ugly.
                  Suggestion ...

Attached Files

Comment

• History Thread updated through Riff Raff's pick.

J

Comment

• Need a BY for Doerr
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Need a BY for Doerr
                        1950 - updated draft thread

Comment

• Sorry...my Prius printer at work **** the bed... needed a temp one installed asap and had to deal with IT... all good now. Pick up in a few

Comment

• Weird, I needed a proxy to get in, but this is my home pc/network.

Thanks to Ed for the suggestion.

Comment

• Not super happy right now...Johnny failed to post my KO with my last pick...
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                                Not super happy right now...Johnny failed to post my KO with my last pick...
                                Sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X