*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEYE

You can't KO Drysdale ... he has 1950's eligible years. Mathews wasn't KO'able either.

IGNORE ... EVEN I FORGOT THE RULES

Drysdale is KO'd from the 60's, but still eligible to be drafted in the 1950's

An Elephant moment ...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      He camps occasionally in your backyard with binoculars.
      Slider is dead. And the kids have broken all of our binoculars (fortunately, they were all purchased on some sort of discount).

Wayne: your Palmer pick imples some BY indecision - is it 1975 or 1972?
      8.01 Jim Palmer P 1975 palmeji01_1972
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        HEYE

You can't KO Drysdale ... he has 1950's eligible years. Mathews wasn't KO'able either.

johnny multitasking: drinking, driving, texting, smoking, probably even applying makeup
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          Slider is dead. And the kids have broken all of our binoculars (fortunately, they were all purchased on some sort of discount).

Wayne: your Palmer pick imples some BY indecision - is it 1975 or 1972?
          8.01 Jim Palmer P 1975 palmeji01_1972
          Sorry, 1975. I just copied the wrong column when I pasted the ID in. Will edit.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• When I get home, I will put an asterisk next to the names of the KO'd players if they still have eligible draft years.

But the list won't always be 100% up to date, so it's still important to stay on top of things ... and I could make a mistake and forget an asterisk, so don't take it as gospel.

Comment

• I thought for a really long time last night about taking an 1892 year for clarkson but just couldn't figure out how to manage the ~400 innings of 1.24 BY WHIP. Enjoy that 450 innings of 1.28.

that said... it's stuff like that that makes me enjoy additive scoring so much more than multiplicative.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                I thought for a really long time last night about taking an 1892 year for clarkson but just couldn't figure out how to manage the ~400 innings of 1.24 BY WHIP. Enjoy that 450 innings of 1.28.

that said... it's stuff like that that makes me enjoy additive scoring so much more than multiplicative.
                I'm hoping having almost 1000 innings of sub-1 ratio is enough of a cushion, and 300 wins from a bad decade was too much for me to pass up. I get way too excited by good players in bad decades (see Gehringer)
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  I'm hoping having almost 1000 innings of sub-1 ratio is enough of a cushion...
                  It wasn't. The good news is that Galvin really didn't have a very good BY whip anyway, compared to other players from their decade. A BY whip punt can be pretty convenient.

Comment

• here pick shortly

Comment

• BY WHIP is killer. I was looking at VD23 when I was deciding on this. That was a 17 team decade draft with no KOs so things will be a bit different, but still, here's how people finished Whip / Rank:

Code:
                      1.032	5
                      1.010	8
                      0.996	13
                      1.012	7
                      0.999	12
                      1.004	10
                      0.985	14
                      1.009	9
                      1.034	4
                      1.057	1
                      0.974	16
                      1.044	2
                      0.984	15
                      1.030	6
                      1.001	11
                      0.966	17
                      1.034	3
                      1.06 gets you 1 point!

Comment

• Kind of a love /hate relation with KO. I really like it because it seems like you have to think about picking a player from a bad decade or getting one from a good decade (or position) before they all get knocked out . Of course I don't have any clue on which is the better choice.

Comment

• I gotta tell you...these KO rules f%*)in suck...players half knocked out....I'll try to get a pick up before I fall asleep....
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Updated through Pogues.

KO'd players with eligible years are highlighted in green.

If these players are then drafted in an eligible year, they will be marked red.

Green = GO
                            Red = GONE

This will keep things lively :P

I kinda like the fact it's a little bit messy. Reminds me of the early days when there were still unknown players.

Note: please refer to both the draft thread and the history thread as the history thread cannot be updated instantly ... and do your own double checking!!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              HEYE

Drysdale is KO'd from the 60's, but still eligible to be drafted in the 1950's

An Elephant moment ...

But as such, I don't get the Drysdale KO since, as was the case I was making, no one was taking Drysdale for his 1960s BY anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                But as such, I don't get the Drysdale KO since, as was the case I was making, no one was taking Drysdale for his 1960s BY anyway.
                                Yeah ... not the best KO. Heyelander is probably just trying to highlight the situation so that everyone is aware of the ruling

Comment

Working...
                                X