No announcement yet.

*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The whole conversation...I was just ignoring it until revo suggested the idea of switching the pick to Lance. I thought to myself "wait...he can't do that. Lance was already taken...he can't do that! That started the whole ball rolling.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I'm off ... I'll forward my pick to DMT. I could skip pick, but cleaner to keep things in order.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        That's the guy ... interesting story.
        Coincidentally, I just saw Max Lanier's name on BBTN as Lance Lynn became the 5th Cardinal to get 5 Ws and an ERA under 2 in his 1st 5 starts. Max Lanier was the 1st.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• And now Fred Toney, who is the only other pitcher to throw a no-hitter on May 2nd (in 1917). Weird.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I also made the Larry/Lance mix-up in my spreadsheet. Fixed now.

Edit to add:
            SS is updated through DMT's Rd 25 pick.
            I'm PMing my next pick to Johnny.
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Sorry for not noticing the difference in points/places at the end of the previous round...it might have saved Riff Raff some heart ache. On another topic, I was extremely happy I jumped up to 5th place! Then I realized 10th place is only 3.1 points behind me. Talk about an ugly pack.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                I suggest you throw Gallardo back...
                I'm on it...
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Check this out ... I nearly jumped out of my seat when that flew in. Amazing technique. Cisse must be the best mid season buy ever.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

... sucky commentary though ... really needed a Gary Neville goalgasm to properly call it

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

EDIT:

This is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llLqK...eature=related

LOL I think the analyst called him a prostitute at the end ... not very polite.
                  Oh for fvcks sake... I can't believe I just got tricked into watching 28 seconds of soccer.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    Oh for fvcks sake... I can't believe I just got tricked into watching 28 seconds of soccer.
                    Apologies are in order ... I hope this Kate Upton pic will suffice

Comment

• Can anyone email Frae at work? He's always looking for an excuse to play at work.

Comment

• Frae is probably avoiding baseball after yesterday (Burnett - 12 hits, Zito - 7 BB).
                        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                          Sorry for not noticing the difference in points/places at the end of the previous round...it might have saved Riff Raff some heart ache. On another topic, I was extremely happy I jumped up to 5th place! Then I realized 10th place is only 3.1 points behind me. Talk about an ugly pack.
                          I dropped from top 3 or so down to 12. I knew my offense was bad, but I was hoping it wouldn't go off a cliff.
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Can anyone email Frae at work? He's always looking for an excuse to play at work.
                            Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                            Frae is probably avoiding baseball after yesterday (Burnett - 12 hits, Zito - 7 BB).
                            I sent him the last rounds picks via gmail so he can obsess...
                            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Frae said he will be home in about 30, update SS and then post pick...
                              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• I can always pick for him. It shouldn't be too hard to torpedo his team.

Comment

Working...
                                X