No announcement yet.

*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spreadsheet is current through Hacko's pick in rd 24.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Trevor May's line last night:

7IP, 9H, 2ER, 0BB, 7K, 0HR, W.

A bunch of hits, but no walks is nice to see.

Someone notes in PhuturePhillies.com comments:
      My favorite stat line this year is for one of my minor leaguers, he has a 1/1 3B/K ration through 21 games:

Adrian Cardenas SS CHC, AAA: 21 GP, 77 AB, 3 K, 3 Triples
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
        Yeah, but all his other options probably required a good deal of research and he felt pressed for time. Burns was one of the few good options left at 1910s hitters.
        Since my 1910s hitter came down to Milan vs. Burns, I wholeheartedly agree.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Before anyone curses my name saying...he posted and he's up, why is he not picking!! I'm working on it...hope to have something up in 30 minutes.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I'm headed to bed and will be gone all day tomorrow. I will PM my pick to Garp.

Comment

• Updating SS... pick up in a few
              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                Updating SS... pick up in a few
                Less than an hour...sweet...

Emailed Simon with rd 23/24 picks and stat line changes/additions for Cummings and Todd Helton (2011 BY)
                I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• spreadsheet is current up to Riff Raff's bookend picks for 24/25. Cummings and Helton stat lines have been updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    so... RJEL question.

Guys on options this year. can extend for $5 a year. Who do I give contracts to and how long?

M Young $20 - Keep and play out or throw back?
                    R Zimmerman $22 - Keep and play out or throw back?
                    B Gardner $4 - Extend 1 year?
                    McCutchen $3 - Extend 2 years? 3?
                    Gallardo - $23 - Keep or throw back?

I don't have a ton of good keepers...
                    I suggest you throw Gallardo back...
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I think we should all ignore Roto Rooter in solidarity with El D. You mess with one Vintage Drafter, you mess with us all.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        I think we should all ignore Roto Rooter in solidarity with El D. You mess with one Vintage Drafter, you mess with us all.
                        Is ElD objecting to half naked pictures of Kate Upton or something? Vintage Drafter or no ... I'm not down with that!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Is ElD objecting to half naked pictures of Kate Upton or something? Vintage Drafter or no ... I'm not down with that!

No, I don't think he has any problem with that. It was an argument in the Junior Seau thread. Most of the posts have been deleted. But just RR being an insensitive pr!ck and trying to get a rise out of people.

Comment

• I guess Riff Raff is in the ... "I know I'm up, I've no clue who to pick, so I'll avoid turning up so I don't have to" phase

... can't complain ... been there, done that, bought the Kate Upton postcard

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                              No, I don't think he has any problem with that. It was an argument in the Junior Seau thread. Most of the posts have been deleted. But just RR being an insensitive pr!ck and trying to get a rise out of people.
                              We have our own prickly somewhat sensitive RR around here you know

Comment

• I am here.
                                Just realized that my last pick, Parrish was not a catcher. Great move on my part - lost a great decade hitter who wasn't a C - waste waste. I'll throw 2 picks up shortly as I already screwed this all up.

Comment

Working...
                                X