Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    You mean team Pee?
    I've actively campaigned to boot his ass because he's a league-ruiner. I don't care that "he paid his money, he can do what he wants." This isn't a socialized democracy -- you have to be invited into this league, and you can be uninvited. We can get any number of QUALITY owners just from this site alone to take his team and do something with it.

He does nothing, then dumps in April because he did nothing, and on top of that he doesn't even know how to dump. So he basically hands over whatever good player he has to whoever has the chicest minor leaguers.

If I was commish, he would've been out by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
      I wonder how many pitchers and catchers are being started in that league that were held since their minor league appearances.
      Yeah, pitchers are pretty sketchy. I had both drabek and carrasco come off my rookie team last year and didn't keep either of them. I think Drabek will eventually be good, but I'd say 85% of pitchers that come off your rookies list could be gotten for less than $5 if you throw them back the next year. It looks like Drabek went for $5 this year.

At the same time, a position player who can hit even a little and has the left handed half of a platoon is going for over $5 there.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Where did he come from? He's not an RJ guy is he?
        I think he is DMT's fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          I've actively campaigned to boot his ass because he's a league-ruiner. I don't care that "he paid his money, he can do what he wants." This isn't a socialized democracy -- you have to be invited into this league, and you can be uninvited. We can get any number of QUALITY owners just from this site alone to take his team and do something with it.

He does nothing, then dumps in April because he did nothing, and on top of that he doesn't even know how to dump. So he basically hands over whatever good player he has to whoever has the chicest minor leaguers.

If I was commish, he would've been out by now.
          Wait, are we talking about me now?

Comment

I wonder how many pitchers and catchers are being started in that league that were held since their minor league appearances.
            I've got Price, Hudson, and Arencibia all from minors picks.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              I think he is DMT's fault.
              'Tis true...he was a lot better when he was in my other league but I agree that his presence in RJEL has been painful to watch. We don't keep in touch so I would have no problem if he were kicked out.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Already moot anyway apparently, frae and jude jumped in right away to say how much fun they're having. I think it would be a little more fun if we occasionally had to drop one of these guys, actually think about who we've got in there. I'd also like to see dumpers have to get some actual roster keepers, rather than trading for 15 names that look good on some writer's prospect list.
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• oh hey, in all my ranting I missed a vd pick! good to see a 90's reliever go....
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    By the way, Jeopardy Answer: bases loaded, none out, Youk at the plate...

Comment

Already moot anyway apparently, frae and jude jumped in right away to say how much fun they're having. I think it would be a little more fun if we occasionally had to drop one of these guys, actually think about who we've got in there. I'd also like to see dumpers have to get some actual roster keepers, rather than trading for 15 names that look good on some writer's prospect list.
                      Sorry I love farm drafts. Right now I have Fowler and Castro who were farm guys and are keepers for me. I will say the way the old rules were written where you lost a guys farm status as soon as he came up made going 15 deep much crazier. Now you can hold guys and at least see them get a cup of coffee before you lose them. I just love the research, last year I took Oscar Taveras in the last round and now he is a top 100 guy. Just my $.02 though.

Comment

...and Price does the clutch Houdini!
                        C. Ross grounded into double play shortstop to second to first, D. McDonald out at second

I can't believe they took him out, he deserves to go for the win after that one

Comment

what is "a good situation for wayne's H2H league"

Comment

You're up in the minors draft, btw.
                            ... and Kolya Stephenson hasn't been taken

Comment

... and Kolya Stephenson hasn't been taken
                              nice reference but the phillies didn't sign him. He was commited to Avernia college, but I don't see him on their team. Here's the Phuture Phillies write-up on him from last draft:
                              1531 – Kolya Stephenson, RHP, Ocean City HS (NJ)
                              College Commitment:
                              Video: I cant believe there is no video

His dad is “Video” Dan Stephenson, the Phillies video production manager. That was a nice touch. But how can there not be video of him? A travesty.

Comment

• Can Long John recover from the hole he's in with the hitting categories? Normally, I'd say yes, but with KO's, a lot of offense that would normally be around is off the board or will be. Note that in the last draft I warned that TFS had burned too many good letters early and he won, so this is actually a good luck omen for Long John.

Comment

Working...
                                X