*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Yeah, the only way 1998 is superior to 1996 is if you really need the Ks. In a vacuum, 1996 is far superior.
    I have the two years as virtual equals, but with needing 3 more pitchers than normal in this VD, the difference between Brown's ERAs and WHIPs of those 2 seasons may ultimately not mean as much as the 100 Ks would. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
      The next 3 picks after Hacko are all online. Come on, Hacko!
      Sorry gym night & Bowling night. I like the KO even tho I think I do a poor job of KO players. I just like the fact that it will bring in different players to the draft. I would like to see a change that if you Ko the player he is out even in Bad decades. Example being the drysdale pick .

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
        Sorry gym night & Bowling night. I like the KO even tho I think I do a poor job of KO players. I just like the fact that it will bring in different players to the draft. I would like to see a change that if you Ko the player he is out even in Bad decades. Example being the drysdale pick .
        I like the KOs too, but they do make figuring picks more time-consuming. And I agree that there should be no exemptions with regards to decades.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
          I agree -- if we're going to have KO's, I'd prefer not to have any limits on them. No exempt decades. Who cares if it makes things incredibly thin at some decades? I think it would make things more fun and less predictable.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            I like the KOs too, but they do make figuring picks more time-consuming. And I agree that there should be no exemptions with regards to decades.
            Isn't that what should happen. - The players that have always been drafted get knock out so now everyone has to grade/ value out new players?

Comment

• Hey...don't look at me. I voted that any player could be knocked out fully in this draft.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• speaking of KOs, I don't think either of those last 2 KOs will have the expected effect....

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  speaking of KOs, I don't think either of those last 2 KOs will have the expected effect....
                  If someone wants Damon's 2011, they can go right ahead...

Comment

• Was all ready to skip pick Frae so I could go to bed...but I really wanted to KO Lolich. And Frae could have taken him. I'm glad he showed up!
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I take back this quote -- Nathan is kind of a goner now. Damon is still in play.

Comment

• Brown's 1998 is certainly a little more valuable ... but I'd still go for 1996. Another reason why 1998 is more of an option this time is because we are playing with a 12 pitcher roster, and there are only limited dumping options ... so with the high average IP counts, the difference in ratios will be more easily absorbed.

Comment

I had considered Thome's 2010 season for a while a number of rounds ago.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            I have Brown's 1996 as the 297th best single season of all time and his 1998 as the 400th best of all time, so not really that close for me.
                            I have Brown's '98 ranked 356th, and his '96 ranked 369th. Obviously my ranking system gives more weight to Ks than yours does, hence the difference.

I was actually kinda surprised that Max Carey was still around. 750+ SBs at this point is gold -- especially with a decent enough BY in the 1910s. I searched every thread to see if he was taken/KO'd and I just missed it, but I didn't find anything.

Comment

• I agree -- Carey lasted way too long.

Comment

• In terms of ideas for the future -- how about a vintage "auction?" 4 or 5 players get nominated per day. Too complicated? Could be fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X