*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    I think my "gah, whatever" was more for my KOs. The KO black out decades make doing a draft based on decade scarcity a mistake. All the decades I have left are the decades I can KO people from. Then I look at the few good decades or positions I've taken to see who needs players in them and I find that it's a lot of Garp, Hacko, MJL etc and I think, why kick people when they are down (no offense you all). I ended up going with some 60s-70s pitchers and trying to kill SOs (which is pretty weak at this point for those decades) in hopes of getting out of last in Ks at some point. But I really didn't think it was a strong strategy. So, Gah, whatever.
    consider me indirectly kicked!

actually I think I have some potential to at least get back to the middle of the pack. in my usual ineffective way that I can't get away from, I have taken most of my QUIZY decades aready in the theory that there would still be good players left in the easier decades... we'll see if that happens. But I only have one bad pitching decade and 1910 hitting to go.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• This is painfully slow.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Cooper's great value, especially in this draft. You may have been able to wait on him though. I don't know that anybody would reach for his 1950s years, and your 1940s competition (revo and myself) already have our catchers.
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
            Cooper's great value, especially in this draft. You may have been able to wait on him though. I don't know that anybody would reach for his 1950s years, and your 1940s competition (revo and myself) already have our catchers.
            Yeah I was painful seeing him hanging out there ... and I imagine even more painful for Feral when he realizes he had him gift wrapped in the 27th round if he wanted.

... it's OK to have malicious digs at people from their second draft on right?

On another point ... nice to see King KO'd.

Comment

• i was happy that everyone was saying the cooper pick was great, until I realized it was someone else's cooper pick.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

i was happy that everyone was saying the cooper pick was great, until I realized it was someone else's cooper pick.
                You're Cooper was a good pick also ...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  Yeah I was painful seeing him hanging out there ... and I imagine even more painful for Feral when he realizes he had him gift wrapped in the 27th round if he wanted.

... it's OK to have malicious digs at people from their second draft on right?

On another point ... nice to see King KO'd.
                  This whole draft has been painful. It seems like every pick I'm drafting to catch up in one category or another - never feel like I can pick the guy I really want to get. KO's really made this unpredictable especially the pitching side. Should be an interesting finish, I have no idea where this is headed. Have you started projecting other teams picks yet ?
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• ah, now I feel the love.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      Cooper's great value, especially in this draft. You may have been able to wait on him though. I don't know that anybody would reach for his 1950s years, and your 1940s competition (revo and myself) already have our catchers.
                      If I had given myself more time, I might have noticed that. I saw that it was my pick and I didn't want to hold the draft up further than I already had. I knew if I didn't pick 4 hrs ago, I wouldn't be picking until now. Cooper was the only guy I knew I wanted, so I put him up there without giving it too much thought.
                      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Is Mike's last name Hargrove?
                        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          This whole draft has been painful. It seems like every pick I'm drafting to catch up in one category or another - never feel like I can pick the guy I really want to get. KO's really made this unpredictable especially the pitching side. Should be an interesting finish, I have no idea where this is headed. Have you started projecting other teams picks yet ?
                          I'm not sure if I will this time ... certainly not from far out. If I was keeping my own sheet I would ... I find it hard enough to read my own team using the Zsheet.

Comment

For some reason I feel like I've Pihhed away this draft more than usual.
                            LOL!!

Is that officially a verb now?

Comment

• No rush for Pogues as Frae ,wayne and I are both at a live draft so we won't be on until later

Comment

• ... and the clock is stopped on weekends.

Comment

Working...
                                X