*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
    Uh oh. Wayne is a narcoleptic with sleep apnea. Likely scenario: he saw a player he really wanted, passed out and is now choke snoring on his laptop.
    Haha ... we could have drafted all day and not come up with that one.

Comment

• Thinking about going to see the Pirates play on Friday, April 20. I don't have to buy tickets ahead of time do I? Can make it a game time decision based on weather?
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Thinking about going to see the Pirates play on Friday, April 20. I don't have to buy tickets ahead of time do I? Can make it a game time decision based on weather?

Comment

• Koufax @ 6.03 ... fecking insane. He was the 3rd option I was "hoping beyond hope" would make it to me in the 4th. I said to myself, if I can get Eck or Kou in the 4th I'll be happy ... I almost picked him on the way back, but I couldn't justify 3 pitchers in my first 5 picks.

Comment

• Is the stadium really in that bad of a section of town?

Comment

Is the stadium really in that bad of a section of town?
              I only know Baltimore jokes.

Comment

Is the stadium really in that bad of a section of town?
                Absolutely terrifying

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Pitt got 23,956/game last year, the stadium holds 38,496
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Koufax @ 6.03 ... fecking insane. He was the 3rd option I was "hoping beyond hope" would make it to me in the 4th. I said to myself, if I can get Eck or Kou in the 4th I'll be happy ... I almost picked him on the way back, but I couldn't justify 3 pitchers in my first 5 picks.
                    That's a long way of saying great pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      That's a long way of saying great pick.
                      This is one of those times when I see must-haves all over the place. But once Wayne took the Marichal/Wilhelm tandem, there was no longer a risk of me over-thinking the pick.

I was feeling pretty lucky to get Bench in 5 as well. Heye triggered that with Berra at 4.01. I gambled on one of the RBI catchers making it back to me to balance out Burkett.

Comment

• It really felt like that to me too. I went back and forth on Marichal and Koufax. In the end I think I went for the innings. Once I had that done, I went through at least 6 other pitchers for the second spot. I even considered both with a 1971 BY for Marhichal but couldn't stomach the 2.94 BY ERA with nearly 300 innings.

Comment

• eld's pick has ground the whole draft to a halt...

on that note, I think I will make it my mission to use as many LOL Catz images in this draft as possible.

Comment

• Comment

• i just tried to recruit a friend to play in the next draft... and she's a chick!

Comment

i just tried to recruit a friend to play in the next draft... and she's a chick!

Comment

Working...
                                X