*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    The decision has already been made ... the poll is just a formality to keep the masses happy. Some have called these mysterious people the "Berkenstock Group"
    Nate, implement plan 27X, they are on to us !
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      I think at one point it was myself and Seitzer and someone.

I am honestly not even sure what the options being discussed here are.
      The poll is up.

examples of each:
      1: 1950s is exempt from KOs, so any player who had any eligible season in the 1950s is completely exempt from KOs
      2: 1950s is exempt from KOs, so if you KO someone, it doesn't KO any seasons in the 1950s.
      3: all the decade exemptions are gone, KO whomever you want and every one of their BYs is out.

I personally prefer either of 2/3.
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I honestly think we'd need to start over if #3 wins. That said, I wish we weren't using KO's at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
          I honestly think we'd need to start over if #3 wins. That said, I wish we weren't using KO's at all.
          That was my first impression also ... but when I looked at everyone's teams, it should really make no difference. Everyone has 2 or 3 great players. I probably wouldn't have picked Hamilton with this rule, but he is still a good pick at 2.12 ... and practically all of the drafted players so far are from the top of the rankings lists. According to my rankings, all the top 30 players have been drafted, and 35 of the top 40 players. So no-one has gone of the reservation because of KO's.

I'm leaning towards 2 so it won't be an issue ... but whatever ... I don't want another restart.

FWIW, I think if we do it again, we will likely vote to do it without any exemptions.

Comment

I'm heading off to frisbee soon. Are we officially stopped right now?
            Meh ... if you know the score, and want to pick, go right ahead. If you want to wait, no-one will be timed out or anything.

I'll be off to bed soon.

Comment

• Any word/progress on a scoring spreadsheet? I really need to stop using my VD17 Hitters spreadsheet!

Comment

• I said I changed a few things on the current sheet that I have, and offered it up for anyone to look at. I have no idea what I'm missing, except that there is no sheet that I can find tracking decades drafted per drafter.
                Last edited by Pogues; 03-21-2012, 09:31 PM.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                  Any word/progress on a scoring spreadsheet? I really need to stop using my VD17 Hitters spreadsheet!
                  I haven't gotten Office yet, but I expect that to be by next Wednesday. At this rate, we should only be into Rd 4. I might try to work on it on my unreliable crashing laptop over the weekend, but I may not have time.
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Sorry for delay - Today involved - getting up at 4 working all day - Golf at 3 - bowling league at 7 only to be called back to work at 10. where I am at now.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                      Sorry for delay - Today involved - getting up at 4 working all day - Golf at 3 - bowling league at 7 only to be called back to work at 10. where I am at now.
                      It is 3:49am here. I was up at 6am, @ work for 7 until 3:30. Our dog got very ill 4 hrs ago (blood clots out her nose). Has "growths" on her stomach. The most happy go lucky 5 yr old Newfoundland dog you can think of ...

I will be up until 5:30 as Mrs.RR needs to get sleep for when our 6mo baby wakes. I'll try to get 2 hrs then before heading to the vet for the 8am opening.

One ****ty end to a day. If picks get back to me and I delay a bit (today I suppose) please forgive me.

Comment

Paging, Johnny McJohnnerson. Johnny to the commentary thread.
                        I assume I should wait
                        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

No, no. What's done is done. Go ahead. It's not like Simmons is some slouch, anyways.
                          Alrighty. Simmons was on my short list as well, a likely pick if you didn't take Hoffman

Comment

Paging, Johnny McJohnnerson. Johnny to the commentary thread.
                            Sh!t ... sorry didn't see this. In fact I almost missed the PM. You can go ahead an repick if you want ... no-one will object.

Comment

Nice grab with Joltin' Joe. My discovery of his playable 1948 BY back a few VDs ago was the crown jewel of my vintage drafting to date.
                              I shoulda grabbed Joe D on the turn instead of that stiff, Delahanty... It was a coin flip. Had I known heye was ganna take him, I DEFINITELY would have taken Mr. Coffee :mad:
                              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• woot!
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X