• Show
Clear All

• johnnya24
    replied
    Yup 2005.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Not at home. I'll look into it this evening.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    Encarnación is not a “contemporary” player.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    The Snapshot just has the Hitter/Pitcher Decades, which we're not using though. I don't see the Era on there. Am I missing something?
    Also - I added "franchises" to the Snapshot in the same vein, and a new Franchise tab (similar to "let", "dec" etc) ... but that is not complete yet because I needed to make some modifications that I haven't done yet (tedious "morning" stuff).

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Let me know if you need help fixing anything.
    Nah ... all done ... your wizardry is wasted on these mundane tasks

IOW I need to keep your goodwill for more complex crap

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Let me know if you need help fixing anything.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    The Snapshot just has the Hitter/Pitcher Decades, which we're not using though. I don't see the Era on there. Am I missing something?
    Including the the "Remaining" sections of each team.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Yes, look on the 'Era' tab.
    Ah right ... thx ... thought you were talking about something else.

It was already correct on the Snapshot.

EDIT: I fixed this, but I still have to repair the Snapshot page from adding the Franchise Tab. So don't download the latest version of the spreadsheet yet.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Have you noticed some problem/error?

The spreadsheet doesn't calculate the Period eligibility dynamically. That was done previously in the compilation of the spreadsheet. Then the raw data was retained not the algorithm.

It would weigh the spreadsheet down too much to calculate all that information dynamically ... some peoples computers can't handle that, plus it slows the spreadsheet even on fast PC's.

Edit: Also it's 2004 Inclusive ... so from 2005 onwards
    Yes, look on the 'Era' tab.

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    BTW, Johnny, on the SS it's not listing Contemporary hitters accurately, as it's not deciphering if they started after 2004.
    Have you noticed some problem/error?

The spreadsheet doesn't calculate the Period eligibility dynamically. That was done previously in the compilation of the spreadsheet. Then the raw data was retained not the algorithm.

It would weigh the spreadsheet down too much to calculate all that information dynamically ... some peoples computers can't handle that, plus it slows the spreadsheet even on fast PC's.

Edit: Also it's 2004 Inclusive ... so from 2005 onwards
    Last edited by johnnya24; 06-18-2020, 08:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    I had Votto written in when I changed it and took Van Haltren. Decided I didn't want 3 1B-only types.

Also, was hoping to nab Iwakuma here. He had been on my shortlist for a couple of rounds now.

BTW, Johnny, on the SS it's not listing Contemporary hitters accurately, as it's not deciphering if they started after 2004.

Leave a comment:

• hacko
    replied
    I had written in Raul P, Walker ,Votto when I took Hack. I just see a big bag of Dicks heading our way with the Letter - Franchise rules. You can even throw in the contemporary restrictions. I will need all the flexibility I can save just to field a whole team. I had to take Molitor I need a normal at a middle inf with a decent franchise.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Sometimes we cant make it to the top....halfway is not half bad
    Actually went for a hike yesterday and Mt. Rainier was covered in clouds halfway up. It made me smile. It is truly a beautiful mountain

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Walker has been at the top of my list for a while but I couldn't reasonably take him.
    Sometimes we cant make it to the top....halfway is not half bad

Leave a comment:

Working...
X