*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Yeah, I thought about Sheff too. I'll say this - Sheffield hit the ball harder, it seemed, than any player I've ever seen play the game of baseball. It even sounded different when he hit the ball.
    His bat speed was insane. One of the craziest hits I have ever seen was...nevermind. I imagine mentioning the pitcher would violate the no name dropping rule, and the story doesn't work without it.

Comment

• Michael Pizza was a good pick, too, but fuck this NYM noise!
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Michael Pizza was a good pick, too, but fuck this NYM noise!
        That's a nod to your boys having a stronger franchise!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• The trends of this draft have been very logical. We have lots of picks from non-big 16 franchises; we have the new franchise requirement. We have lots of early QUIZY players; we have to take an extra QUIZY this time. We have lots of earlier than normal picks from big letters; we have an extra wild card this round.

And, just like last time, DMT's team scares me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Oh....and FLA is quickly becoming a wasteland.
            You know it is your turn, right?

Comment

I loved the Piazza pick. If I hadn't taken Pujols in the second round, I would have grabbed him last time around.

Comment

He was one I almost took too

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                  He was one I almost took too
                  I gambled you'd pass since you already had O'Rourke.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Of course, Kelly was my back-up plan if you had taken Piazza.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      You know it is your turn, right?
                      lol, yes, I was on the clock for an entire 56 minutes, sorry to keep you all waiting.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        He was hard to pass on even tho I already had a catcher- I just had to take Gary and his Florida team tho.

Comment

lol, yes, I was on the clock for an entire 56 minutes, sorry to keep you all waiting.
                          . You should be I am anxious to make my next pick soon!

Comment

Oh....and FLA is quickly becoming a wasteland.
                            I wasn't sure if I should take Sheff or Cabrera last time, so I hoped one would make it back to me.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Jake is the biggest Marlins fan I know.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                                . You should be I am anxious to make my next pick soon!
                                Ah, the question now is whether we can get through jmareoff (sp?) tonight. And Mookie/Amish Tyme. Then would could get rolling.

Comment

Working...
                                X