No announcement yet.

*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grienke was such a tempter ... I had to force myself to say no.

Nice pick.

EDIT: that was 4/5 rounds ago

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Here's the scores you posted last time. I believe the spirit of the rule would be 15 points off of what you are showing here. So you would drop to 10th.

1. cavebird 175.1
      2. DMT 174.5
      3. johnnya24 166.2
      4. Feral Slasher 166.0
      5. Bene Futuis 165.6
      6. frae 163.5
      7. Controller Jacobs 162.1
      8. TS Garp 161.6
      9. revo 160.6
      10. hacko 156.0
      11. ken 154.5
      12. heyelander 153.2
      Yeah, but the spirit of the rule was 2005. I am just going by how the rules are posted. I am not 100% sure if I am being sarcastic or just being an ass. Or both.

Comment

• Can't believe Pudge and Greinke lasted that long (Greinke taunted my Griffey pick like Palmeiro did for Pujols)---I was beginning to get tempted to use a wild card on him. And Leonard---that looked like an obvious one for you johnnny.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          Can't believe Pudge and Greinke lasted that long (Greinke taunted my Griffey pick like Palmeiro did for Pujols)---I was beginning to get tempted to use a wild card on him. And Leonard---that looked like an obvious one for you johnnny.
          Didn't really want another pitcher there ... but felt it was worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Didn't really want another pitcher there ... but felt it was worth it.
            L is always a mess, especially when Bene snakes Lajoie right in front of you, and he was the obvious fit for you---no reason to wait around for someone to steal him from you. Hell, I need some single season help---if I wasn't franchise precluded, I probably would have snagged him before now.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Here's the scores you posted last time. I believe the spirit of the rule would be 15 points off of what you are showing here. So you would drop to 10th.

1. cavebird 175.1
              2. DMT 174.5
              3. johnnya24 166.2
              4. Feral Slasher 166.0
              5. Bene Futuis 165.6
              6. frae 163.5
              7. Controller Jacobs 162.1
              8. TS Garp 161.6
              9. revo 160.6
              10. hacko 156.0
              11. ken 154.5
              12. heyelander 153.2
              Wow, I didn't even make it on the board? (Pick coming presently.)

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
                Wow, I didn't even make it on the board? (Pick coming presently.)
                Those were final scores from VD 14.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Those were final scores from VD 14.
                  Oh OK.

Comment

• Nice, had my eye on Burkett.

Comment

• Nice pick with Burkett. I am not sure if I would have taken him around the turn, but he was on the short-list, so he probably doesn't get back to you. Nice pick with Sutton, too. I can't take him because LAD, but great value here.

Comment

• Another nice pick. Vicious this time around. I was kicking myself earlier for franchise excluding myself from Downing. He's underrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          Another nice pick. Vicious this time around. I was kicking myself earlier for franchise excluding myself from Downing. He's underrated.
                          I was going to take a guy I think you might take here, but felt Downing was too important to KO a catcher and middling franchise at once.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            I was going to take a guy I think you might take here, but felt Downing was too important to KO a catcher and middling franchise at once.
                            Please tell. I have no idea who I am going to pick. No clue whatsoever. My short list is long, and well, I don't think it is psy ops anymore. My team's a flaming mess.

Comment

• Pick up Irish-Dalmationly. I have no idea what that really means other than I don't have a clue what to do.

Comment

• My list getting crushed this round.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X