*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    I would put Qualls about on par with him (Upshaw was my backup plan for Qualls. Hmmmmm. I wonder what I am on now.) Quirk was just taken way too early.
    I actually picked Izzy over Ugueth because I felt U would yield better options later when I was prepared to dabble in QUIZY trash again. Then the first QUIZY run started, all the U's went, and I wished I picked Urbina. Upshaw was the last of those palatable U's, so very happy to get him later, and no era requirement to boot.

I don't have an amended QUIZY valuation, but given the VD15 added premium, and the replacement value at this stage, Upshaw seems like one of those cliff edge picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I actually picked Izzy over Ugueth because I felt U would yield better options later when I was prepared to dabble in QUIZY trash again. Then the first QUIZY run started, all the U's went, and I wished I picked Urbina. Upshaw was the last of those palatable U's, so very happy to get him later, and no era requirement to boot.

I don't have an amended QUIZY valuation, but given the VD15 added premium, and the replacement value at this stage, Upshaw seems like one of those cliff edge picks.
      It's hard to say. As a 1B only with the stats he has, he may be a cliff edge, but the mountain isn't very tall, lol. I wonder what the record for fewest career plate appearances for a hitter drafted is in VD's. If things keep going like this, I might end up with the record, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
        You're a vegetarian, or you just don't like barbecued meat?
        I specifically don't like the flavor of barbeque sauce. It's too harsh.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          After reading his views on our great President, I think he is a communist.
          huhwhat?

Comment

he's just salty that I've given him 2 demerits today.
            Actually those were funny

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Actually those were funny
              I clicked on the first one to give you kudos for playing nice and then switched it.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I clicked on the first one to give you kudos for playing nice and then switched it.
                duly noted - more anger was needed.

Comment

if we get near the end and I can make someone take a penalty, I am just the spiteful prick to do this.
                  That would be a pointless gesture. Hell, if it helps me win, I might purposefully take the penalty. You see, we are going by the written rules, and they say a 15-pt. penalty. They also say we are going by multiplicitive scoring. While we show the scores logarithmically, the total scores are actually huge, huge numbers. Therefore, 15 points is essentially nothing.

Comment

• Latham a great value at this stage. 742 steals!!!

Comment

• taking an ATL player is like cutting your balls off.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        taking an ATL player is like cutting your balls off.
                        it least it felt that way to me
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

it least it felt that way to me
                          Absolutely great pick for you. Too many people don't use great ratios. That was a perfect way to use them--get rid of an OVEN letter with massive stats and iffy ratios that you don't have to worry about because you have them covered. Latham was a nice pick, too, but I am getting sick of saying that to DMT. My team appears to be too much of a mess to rein him in this time. Ugh--but well played, DMT.

Comment

Absolutely great pick for you. Too many people don't use great ratios. That was a perfect way to use them--get rid of an OVEN letter with massive stats and iffy ratios that you don't have to worry about because you have them covered. Latham was a nice pick, too, but I am getting sick of saying that to DMT. My team appears to be too much of a mess to rein him in this time. Ugh--but well played, DMT.
                            niekro was perfect for me, I just hesitated because ATL is strong, and hoped I could grab him later. But it would be a missed opportunity if I didn't grab him
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

niekro was perfect for me, I just hesitated because ATL is strong, and hoped I could grab him later. But it would be a missed opportunity if I didn't grab him
                              Yeah. Because he is best for you, you want to wait, but he was clearly the best N left, so you had to pounce. Nice pick. Look at the OVEN pick for someone after that with great ratios and compare the two if you can because there is no comparison.

Comment

Yeah. Because he is best for you, you want to wait, but he was clearly the best N left, so you had to pounce. Nice pick. Look at the OVEN pick for someone after that with great ratios and compare the two if you can because there is no comparison.
                                Hacko was in the same position as you and still needs an N and has ATL available. You absolutely had to take him when you did.

Comment

Working...
                                X