No announcement yet.

*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I got you back into a fight for third, instead of in seventh where my initial non-Pudge one was, but I couldn't get it higher. But, with two wild cards, I can never game out all the possibilities, so it will be interesting to see.

Comment

• No idea what Bene is doing with his C slots, and missing White would clearly lead to the greatest variance.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Well, I got you back into a fight for third, instead of in seventh where my initial non-Pudge one was, but I couldn't get it higher. But, with two wild cards, I can never game out all the possibilities, so it will be interesting to see.
        I am sure you guys will have had the better path for me, but this is what I had planned for the strategy I was on. This was a sort of kick the can down the road pick again. I had two options at B and worried if one went the other might so Bunning it is. I am trying to save the semi flexible picks for when I have more picks to look at from everyone else.

Comment

• NOTICE:

At some point could everyone download the latest version of the SS from the Draft Thread, have a look at the Snapshot page, and make sure your team is as you expect. It looks like:

(a) we are all working of the same SS this time, so a common error no-one has noticed could occur

and

(b) we are relying on my data inputting skills to be 100% accurate ... this is scary!

Comment

• "Notice" is a strange looking work when you stare at it ...

Comment

• History Thread updated

Comment

• I think Controller Jacobs is headed to VD jail. Other than his wild card, all he has left is BOP (common acronym for the US Bureau of Prisons).

Comment

• Looks like another snoozer of a night because heyelander thinks people should actually eat. BTW, what happened to the thread in the main forum where someone posted odds before this started? I couldn't find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                    Ok I am insulted lol, I had a decent run at one point. Maybe with all my free time I can make a top half finish.
                    Good prediction! Better than whoever did the odds, lol.

Comment

Looks like another snoozer of a night because heyelander thinks people should actually eat. BTW, what happened to the thread in the main forum where someone posted odds before this started? I couldn't find it.
                      Nevermind. I am blind. Didn't think it could still be on the first page, lol.

Comment

Good prediction! Better than whoever did the odds, lol.
                        Wasn't it heye, and didn't he have me at like 60-1? Lit a fire.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Wasn't it heye, and didn't he have me at like 60-1? Lit a fire.
                          Yeah---the only three who really had recently or still have a chance were 60-1, 10,000-1, and completely off the board.

Comment

• I feel bad for not putting more energy into this draft -- just a busy time. My endgame is going to be horrendous. By the way, there's a thread in the forum about doing a live vintage draft. Would be even more fun to do so over zoom...

Comment

• You've actually gotten back into a situation to get third now, fwiw. Then again, that was less you (you have taken guys I thought were obvious or at least one of a list of obvious guys (Bond)) and more others letting you pass them.

I really thought I had this thing in the bag for a while, but then I did a deep dive into DMT's possibilities, and well, it's gonna be really, really close.

Comment

• And, yeah, when I was thinking yesterday I was pulling away with this thing, it was finding/remembering that Sutton works in 1980 that brought me back to the reality that this is going to be really close. Nice pick!

Comment

Working...
                                X