• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I am hiding him for my last pick
    Must be a QUIZY, lol.

Comment

• Smart pick, johnny. It surprised me, but my projections just indicated that he could be my best pick at 1880's as well; you had to take him around the turn. I was surprised he made it that long---I thought revo would finally embrace the reality of his ratios and take Galvin in the 1890's; he may have gained a couple places in the standings that way---one from Galvin's numbers and one from leaving you without good options.

Comment

• Kudos to the Slasher for making it through another round in first place! Now, if he could find a couple of great QUIZ guys hanging around, he could win this!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          Kudos to the Slasher for making it through another round in first place! Now, if he could find a couple of great QUIZ guys hanging around, he could win this!
          That is usually my plan...always hope we call it a day before my quizy's come home to roost. Hell i may make my penultimate pick and still be in first
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Smart pick, johnny. It surprised me, but my projections just indicated that he could be my best pick at 1880's as well; you had to take him around the turn. I was surprised he made it that long---I thought revo would finally embrace the reality of his ratios and take Galvin in the 1890's; he may have gained a couple places in the standings that way---one from Galvin's numbers and one from leaving you without good options.
            I've been on a knife-edge with almost every pick since I gambled with Mathews and Helton. Needed Lowe or Larkin to make it back,; needed I-Rod and Deacon White to make it back; needed Galvin to make it back. Everything worked out apart from Raisel Iglesias. I've pull this one around nicely, but it's been a massive struggle. After a brutal first half, I was looking down the barrel of a bottom half finish for a long time ... especially when I realized my 1980's hitter error.

That said, it's still really tight in there ... and the last round of a multi draft is very unpredictable.

Comment

• Love the Norm Cash pick. I lived outside Detroit in kindergarten. Aurelio Rodriguez was my fave but my brother liked Norm Cash.
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                I've been on a knife-edge with almost every pick since I gambled with Mathews and Helton. Needed Lowe or Larkin to make it back,; needed I-Rod and Deacon White to make it back; needed Galvin to make it back. Everything worked out apart from Raisel Iglesias. I've pull this one around nicely, but it's been a massive struggle. After a brutal first half, I was looking down the barrel of a bottom half finish for a long time ... especially when I realized my 1980's hitter error.

That said, it's still really tight in there ... and the last round of a multi draft is very unpredictable.
                Pretty sure i should habe grabbed Matthews before you
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Getting Wetteland and other seeing other closers so late makes me regret grabbing Mariano so early.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• This is insane ... 1906 footage rebuilt using AI, 4 days before the San Fran earthquake hit.

Comment

Getting Wetteland and other seeing other closers so late makes me regret grabbing Mariano so early.
                      Well at least you have Mariano Rivera, who is basically an extra vintage pitcher with SB's that can carry your entire team total ... I picked Chase Utley in the 5th, and an almost identical player will go undrafted

Comment

notice:

at some point could everyone download the latest version of the ss from the draft thread, have a look at the snapshot page, and make sure your team is as you expect. It looks like:

(a) we are all working of the same ss this time, so a common error no-one has noticed could occur

and

(b) we are relying on my data inputting skills to be 100% accurate ... This is scary!
                        bumpity bump bump

Comment

Well at least you have Mariano Rivera, who is basically an extra vintage pitcher with SB's that can carry your entire team total ... I picked Chase Utley in the 5th, and an almost identical player will go undrafted
                          Mariano stealing bases? Now that would be uggla to watch.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Getting Wetteland and other seeing other closers so late makes me regret grabbing Mariano so early.
                            I was a little worried he was going to get sniped by Heye when I took Bunning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Mariano stealing bases? Now that would be uggla to watch.
                              I'm tired ... i'll own it.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                                I was a little worried he was going to get sniped by Heye when I took Bunning.
                                I was concerned that Heye would steal Mariono in round 12 or so...
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X