*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    And, yeah, when I was thinking yesterday I was pulling away with this thing, it was finding/remembering that Sutton works in 1980 that brought me back to the reality that this is going to be really close. Nice pick!
    Thanks...it's hard to believe he was still available...and I've been thinking that for the past six rounds.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Derv Wrnfrld!

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Derv Wrnfrld!

Did not attempt Valrtziulr
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• And yep, that was one pick I knew was coming in Billy Nash. I wanted to pull my hair out when TS Garp went with Denny Lyons (perfectly acceptable for him) instead of stealing Nash from you.

Comment

• And I have to give it to Feral Slasher. He's not likely to even finish in the top half, but he managed to stay in first---by 10 points no less---through the end of Round 21.

Comment

And yep, that was one pick I knew was coming in Billy Nash. I wanted to pull my hair out when TS Garp went with Denny Lyons (perfectly acceptable for him) instead of stealing Nash from you.
              Yea, I really should've taken him sooner but sometimes you just gotta roll the dice. Garp still could've taken him and I couldn't risk it again.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Yea, I really should've taken him sooner but sometimes you just gotta roll the dice. Garp still could've taken him and I couldn't risk it again.
                It's close all over. I think revo could have completely messed with johnny this time around, too, but he didn't and can't now. FWIW, in my last projections (after you pick; not that your pick changed anything, it was Feral busting my projections and showing me that he is likely to finish in the top half), you lead with all the picks put in except the last pick of the draft (by Feral) and that pick jumps me ahead of you. Crazy close.

Comment

It's close all over. I think revo could have completely messed with johnny this time around, too, but he didn't and can't now. FWIW, in my last projections (after you pick; not that your pick changed anything, it was Feral busting my projections and showing me that he is likely to finish in the top half), you lead with all the picks put in except the last pick of the draft (by Feral) and that pick jumps me ahead of you. Crazy close.
                  Hell, at the moment I am showing the total distance from first to last place as less than 20 points---172.9 in first, 153.9 in last.

Comment

Hell, at the moment I am showing the total distance from first to last place as less than 20 points---172.9 in first, 153.9 in last.
                    Not to criticize, because there's not much else to talk about at this point, but your projections have been so random are they even useful discussing at this point?

Comment

• I like my statistical projections like I like my idiotic conspiracy theories: sourced from YouTube and then spread recklessly around the RJ forums.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Not to criticize, because there's not much else to talk about at this point, but your projections have been so random are they even useful discussing at this point?
                        They get more accurate as there are fewer picks left. They were never meant to be completely accurate. The are a broad tool that help decide how strategies might pan out. And, while not accurate on all picks, they get a lot right (recently, Sutton, Nash, Valenzuela and Pierce were all accurate), and despite all the changed picks, the top two and bottom two have remained constant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          I like my statistical projections like I like my idiotic conspiracy theories: sourced from YouTube and then spread recklessly around the RJ forums.
                          Are u to lazy to even make up your own ?
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Are u to lazy to even make up your own ?
                            I never claimed to be much of a YouTuber.

Comment

• Ugh, it's always my turn and I've always done just as much (i.e. nothing) to prepare as the last time around. I don't fucking know which option is best for me, okay? JUST BACK OFF!!!!!

Comment

• I have to give revo props. His team won't amount to much, but damn, he has made it impossible to figure out what he is going to do. I did not see him taking a 13-17 season with iffy BY ratios there.

Comment

Working...
                                X