*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Johnny can only take a catcher or a MI, from what I can tell.
    Yes, Johnny is in his own little world of pain when it comes to his remaining hitters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      I bet I can predict all 3 of his picks, too.
      One seems blatantly obvious. With Barry Larkin taken, I am not sure about the other two.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Yes, Johnny is in his own little world of pain when it comes to his remaining hitters.
        You think that's bad, look at my BY power categories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          You think that's bad, look at my BY power categories.
          Your pain is a little different---Johnny's hitting numbers are generally good---except for speed, which he is obviously tanking---it just going to get ugly for him. You have a condition of ugly in your stats already.

Comment

Your pain is a little different---Johnny's hitting numbers are generally good---except for speed, which he is obviously tanking---it just going to get ugly for him. You have a condition of ugly in your stats already.
            Very comforting words....
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

condition of ugly
              Good band name.

Comment

Good band name.
                I disagree
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Good band name.
                  Good description of Corona Slasher work from home style
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You have a condition of ugly in your stats already.
                    On further review, it looks a lot like your career hitting stats. Yuck!

Comment

Not sure i like the direction this thread is taking
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Not sure i like the direction this thread is taking
                        We're more than halfway there, so I gave up a while back.

Comment

Oh, my career hitting stats are not particularly pretty right now. Then again, I still have four hitters left to most people's three; my remaining positions are CI, OF, and effectively two UT; and my remaining letters are C, W, R, L, T, and two WC. There is definitely a condition of ugly in my stats now---I just have to improve it. I hope I have left enough to do that. Then again, my targets for this were based on VD 6 results, which as others have noted, we are collectively blowing by. Well, that and a guesstimate of what OBP would be good that was clearly off by more than a little bit, lol.

Comment

We're more than halfway there, so I gave up a while back.
                            I wish Johnny would give up on his window washing halfway thru and make a crappy pick.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Oh, my career hitting stats are not particularly pretty right now. Then again, I still have four hitters left to most people's three; my remaining positions are CI, OF, and effectively two UT; and my remaining letters are C, W, R, L, T, and two WC. There is definitely a condition of ugly in my stats now---I just have to improve it. I hope I have left enough to do that. Then again, my targets for this were based on VD 6 results, which as others have noted, we are collectively blowing by. Well, that and a guesstimate of what OBP would be good that was clearly off by more than a little bit, lol.
                              I think your problem may end up being the decades rather than the letters/positions. 1900s/1920s/1980s aren't pretty, but you do have 00s which is better.
                              Looks like you are 10th out of 12 if we switch it to rate stats rather than totals, so not as ugly as it looks, you are right.

Comment

hitting stats.jpg

Hmmm....not sure if this worked. Not my best effort anyway
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X