No announcement yet.

*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This draft has been a stone cold catastrophe for me ... there won't be a pick anytime soon. Apart from DiMaggio and Ruth, every pick has either backfired or been a reaction to those backfiring picks.

Leonard was a must pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      This draft has been a stone cold catastrophe for me ... there won't be a pick anytime soon. Apart from DiMaggio and Ruth, every pick has either backfired or been a reaction to those backfiring picks.

Leonard was a must pick.
      I guessed right, CJ couldn't take him but you could and that BY ratio help was needed for flexibility with some of the quizy shit I have to eat.

Comment

This draft has been a stone cold catastrophe for me ... there won't be a pick anytime soon. Apart from DiMaggio and Ruth, every pick has either backfired or been a reaction to those backfiring picks.

Leonard was a must pick.
        Wow, he didn't even make my initial list; probably because I concentrate too much on career numbers. But, hey, Feral finally got someone to take an "L"! L-run!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          Wow, he didn't even make my initial list; probably because I concentrate too much on career numbers. But, hey, Feral finally got someone to take an "L"! L-run!
          I'm very persuasive
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Johnny, maybe you can explain modern VD strategy for me. To me, Leonard makes no sense for you. Your BY ratios are already below my targets for the entire draft, and two of your remaining six pitchers are from great deadball decades that will help, not hurt them. I see your career ERA as your biggest pitching issue, and Leonard doesn't really help you with that for a 1910's guy. Maybe you have some strategy with your remaining QIZY guys that I don't contemplate, but you seem to have been protecting BY ratios so far---Smoltz and Carlton are great guys for BY ratios for their decades and, obviously, Joss is great for all ratios, period. Maybe my targets are all messed up, but I was going by VD 6 results to set them.

Comment

Johnny, maybe you can explain modern VD strategy for me. To me, Leonard makes no sense for you. Your BY ratios are already below my targets for the entire draft, and two of your remaining six pitchers are from great deadball decades that will help, not hurt them. I see your career ERA as your biggest pitching issue, and Leonard doesn't really help you with that for a 1910's guy. Maybe you have some strategy with your remaining QIZY guys that I don't contemplate, but you seem to have been protecting BY ratios so far---Smoltz and Carlton are great guys for BY ratios for their decades and, obviously, Joss is great for all ratios, period. Maybe my targets are all messed up, but I was going by VD 6 results to set them.
              You haven't seen my other L options

Comment

You are just saying that to be nice !
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Today is opening day in DMBL.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Today is opening day in DMBL.
                    Don't Mess with Big Ladies

Comment

• Devastating, mind blowing lepers.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

He was only the third L off the board, lol. Lots of mediocre there. Well, I guess it is good for me that you have to take a while to pick--it delays Controller Jacobs from taking all of my guys.

Comment

• Dutch Mother Blucking Leonard

Comment

• Almost took Perez with my last pick but decided I didn't want to be a little bitch.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Dutch Mother Blucking Leonard
                              Well, technically, you can still take Dutch Leonard.

Comment

He was only the third L off the board, lol. Lots of mediocre there. Well, I guess it is good for me that you have to take a while to pick--it delays Controller Jacobs from taking all of my guys.
                                L sucks in general, but you can normally get a passable second half L to do a job. The way my decades fell, almost all those passable options were eliminated.

Comment

Working...
                                X