*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    You know, I never bought this "he's not a real Republican" or "RINO" stuff even one tiny iota. Republicans have been headed down this road for a looooong time and, like Fecal Slapper notes, Trump enjoys record high approval ratings among self-identified Republicans. He also received more Republican primary votes than anyone in history, iirc. He is the personification of Republican rot.

The thing that's real is that Republicans never actually believed about 90% of the platitudes they were so willing to spout: states' rights, tending to the deficit, you name it. It was all just window dressing, never with substance.
    Fearful slushie dialed in as usual
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Fanciful Spanker
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

You know, I never bought this "he's not a real Republican" or "RINO" stuff even one tiny iota. Republicans have been headed down this road for a looooong time and, like Fecal Slapper notes, Trump enjoys record high approval ratings among self-identified Republicans. He also received more Republican primary votes than anyone in history, iirc. He is the personification of Republican rot.

The thing that's real is that Republicans never actually believed about 90% of the platitudes they were so willing to spout: states' rights, tending to the deficit, you name it. It was all just window dressing, never with substance.
        I think we are saying two different things. My point is that this doesn't resemble what I knew as the GOP previously. Does that absolve them? No, not at all, you are right, they have just gone completely off the reservation.

Comment

• for the record Joe Biden is who the Dems are and i can't stand him either. If u are looking for moderate opinions u wont get them from the Frisky Slurper
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Holy cow my pick snuck up on me! Uh, I'm off to church for a few. Gotta get some salvation for my sinful trainwreck of a VD squad! Pray for me.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• On a more cheerful note, the spring weather in Seattle has been the best in my lifetime. If we had our usual clouds and rain i don't know how i would cope.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Holy cow my pick snuck up on me! Uh, I'm off to church for a few. Gotta get some salvation for my sinful trainwreck of a VD squad! Pray for me.
                Dont steal my guys and all will be forgiven. Not sure who they are but i will let u know if u screw me over
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  for the record Joe Biden is who the Dems are and i can't stand him either. If u are looking for moderate opinions u wont get them from the Frisky Slurper
                  politicians suck.

Comment

On a more cheerful note, the spring weather in Seattle has been the best in my lifetime. If we had our usual clouds and rain i don't know how i would cope.
                    Seattle has a spring? I've been there 20 times and I'm not sure I ever saw the sun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      politicians suck.
                      Ours certainly do
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Seattle has a spring? I've been there 20 times and I'm not sure I ever saw the sun.
                        Not usually, which is why i am so thankful. It has been sunny about 34 of the 35 days since i started working frombhome. It has been awesome
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

for the record Joe Biden is who the Dems are and i can't stand him either. If u are looking for moderate opinions u wont get them from the Frisky Slurper
                          Are you elbiablo's new handle?

Comment

• So what are the feelings about the recent allegations towards Biden? There have been lots of stories over the years of him being a real hands-on creep. The latest allegation, under UK law in any case, would fall firmly under the rape category.

Trump may seem immune to almost all kinds of negative press, but most normal politicians aren't. And how will his would-be Democratic voter base manage to justify the hypocrisy of voting for seemingly the very thing they have been criticizing these last 4 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              Are you elbiablo's new handle?
                              Lol, he was too moderate amd diplomatic. What a dick that guy was

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Lol, he was too moderate amd diplomatic. What a dick that guy was

Did he get perma-banned or something? I notice his picks don't show up in the VD 6 thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X