No announcement yet.

*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny we usually have a long wait on Garp can you update the downloadable SS with the picks up to date? Just want to make sure I don't have anything screwed up before I make these picks. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Bumping again ...
      I'll try to check it today using my database if I have time.

Comment

• Stunned that Al Kaline is still sitting there in Rd 24.

Comment

• I’ll never pick someone with a pH over 7.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Stunned that Al Kaline is still sitting there in Rd 24.
            From someone who picked Harmon Killebrew in the ancient eras of this draft ...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Stunned that Al Kaline is still sitting there in Rd 24.
              It was a weird phenomenon in Round 13. There were four K's left going into the round---Ken, DMT, Controller Jacobs, and heyelander. But Ken, DMT, and Controller Jacobs all had already taken the 1950's slot, so they had to grab the last other good K's in case heyelander froze them out. It left Kaline sitting for him ever since. It has been noted a couple of times with bad jokes in this thread in the interim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                I’ll never pick someone with a pH over 7.
                quality
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  I’ll never pick someone with a pH over 7.
                  You don't like basic bitches?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    quality
                    Well, it is certainly not a basic strategy.

Edit: well, damn, refresh the thread before posting. Hat tip to Ken.

Comment

• The view is great from atop Mt VD14. Anyone coming to push me off ? Come at me, bruh !!
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        The view is great from atop Mt VD14. Anyone coming to push me off ? Come at me, bruh !!
                        Your problem is that you're in the position of Harold Godwinson---you have to deal with two many opponents coming from different directions. I would avoid Hastings at all costs if I were you.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          Your problem is that you're in the position of Harold Godwinson---you have to deal with two many opponents coming from different directions. I would avoid Hastings at all costs if I were you.
                          That is true....death by a thousand cuts headed my way. But i figure i better enjoy it while i can
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            I'll try to check it today using my database if I have time.
                            I'm checking it - I have all the picks in and I'm 99% in agreement with the numbers on the sheet. I'm going through the slight differences now, I'm sure the issues are on my side.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              That is true....death by a thousand cuts headed my way. But i figure i better enjoy it while i can
                              You're going to make until some point in the middle of the last round. Far longer than I expected. Hell, I think you still have an outside chance at third place, depending on who other people take. Things are so close in so many groups, I can only confidently pick one team's final ranking, and that team will be 8th, lol. First and second; third through seventh, and ninth through twelfth are all very tight.

Comment

• On the hitting side,
                                Edwin Encarnacion has 65 career SF which is incorrect in the spreadsheet (shows 0, probably my fault)
                                Trout has 48, and the ss has 0

On the pitching side,
                                I'm off on WHIP and ERA, probably a formula problem I'll be checking it. *** Edit, well dummy that's because I have it listed WHIP / ERA and the spreadsheet has ERA/WHIP. That'll do it.
                                Pitching is exact

My database matches the spreadsheet exactly as far as rankings. Worth correcting EE (although doesn't make a ton of difference)

** I think 2019 hitters have 0 for SF, I can fix that if we need to, but only matters for EE currently as far as changing the standings (slightly)
                                Last edited by Ken; 05-07-2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X