*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    I hate to ask for a ruling, but am I allowed to change the year on Leach? It might actually matter at this point. One my side: it was an honest mistake, and I stated as much before the next pick was made. One the other side: it wasn't a typo, I misread the year, and I did post it.
    Not at this point.

If the change was made/requested instantly, before any other picks were made, that'd be different.

Comment

• I've correctly predicted every pick since Jansen, woo.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        I've correctly predicted every pick since Jansen, woo.
        I haven't checked my predictions since 4 rounds ago, but most names look familiar. i'll have to have a look again before my last 2 picks. That said, there were a couple of teams I got completely wrong by the look of it.

Can't recall which year I had for Leach, but I recall them being very close.

Comment

Or I just mis-read the year going across the page on the B-R page, lol. Hopefully, I'll never live where they have a butterfly ballot. I was seeking to "maximize" HR & RBI (to the extent you can with a guy whose max was 7 HR in a season. I'd get my eyes checked (I am way past due), but alas, those places are closed during the lockdown. I doubt it will change anything (1 HR, 2 RBI, -3 SB, +.011 OBP), but am not sure if I am allowed to "correct" that. (I am not really sure it was a correction.)
          Actually, Johnny, I did.

Comment

I have as well, but these weren't the hardest to predict, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              I don’t care if you change the year. I’ll pick soon regardless.
              And this was the post following mine, showing it was before Bene picked.

Comment

I have as well, but these weren't the hardest to predict, lol.
                I wasn't bragging.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I wasn't bragging.
                  Understood. But I'd prefer your not actually doing projections now. And just do a dart throw for your last pick perhaps? Or take an extra quizy with your WC.

Comment

And actually, you should. I missed one, but I can't explain because that guy could still be picked.

Comment

Actually, Johnny, I did.
                      And for the record, the reason I didn't change it when I realized the mistake was that I didn't think it was legal to do so. But, it shouldn't change the final result, even if it slightly changes the final point totals.

Comment

Actually, Johnny, I did.
                        I don't want to be the bad guy here. I can put it to a poll if you like. I'm not the commish, so i can't make decisions like this.

I would have been in favor of letting you change at the time, but not 10 picks later.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          I don't want to be the bad guy here. I can put it to a poll if you like. I'm not the commish, so i can't make decisions like this.

I would have been in favor of letting you change at the time, but not 10 picks later.
                          Once Ken made his post commentating on the pick i think that finalized it.
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• If you want a poll. It's a legit request. Let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              If you want a poll. It's a legit request. Let me know.
                              It doesn't matter. Just leave it as is. It was my mistake after all. I just didn't know the rules, which I guess is also on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Once Ken made his post commentating on the pick i think that finalized it.
                                Hell, if he hadn't, I wouldn't have even realized that I had not taken the year I thought I took, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X