*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    I thought about maybe trying to start up a new fantasy baseball league but am slowly realizing that I probably don't have the time to get it all together in the short time left before the season starts. Sucks, since I got a few quality guys interested in participating. So I'll just throw this out there --- if anyone has an auction league they're in or otherwise know about, please let me know! Thanks y'all.
    shame... any chance I get to talk more smack to sean and scott is a win for me.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      What, no picture?
      ha... my johnson is always ready for action...

Comment

It's funny - the songs I consider to be perfect and my favorite songs aren't really the same ones, although obviously there's some overlap. Music is weird and cool.
        Sultans of Swing ...

Comment

Well, I was wrong. I owe somebody 10 rubles.

Edit: If you pick my dude on the way back, I'm still claiming victory.
          Did I get it right?

I'm not a big Rose fan, but I thought I needed his career runs. After Reggie Jackson went, Rose was my best bet for that decade.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Did I get it right?

I'm not a big Rose fan, but I thought I needed his career runs. After Reggie Jackson went, Rose was my best bet for that decade.
            No, I totally whiffed.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I have my eye on 2 specific players. With 3 picks to go, I suspect they'll all be gone by the time I'm up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                I have my eye on 2 specific players. With 3 picks to go, I suspect they'll all be gone by the time I'm up.
                Yea we've all been there.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I have my eye on 2 specific players. With 3 picks to go, I suspect they'll all be gone by the time I'm up.
                  Sometimes it's unavoidable, but the best way is not to look until it's your time to pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    shame... any chance I get to talk more smack to sean and scott is a win for me.
                    I still want to do it, but I just don't have enough contacts (or friends!!!! ) to field an entire league. Since I've quarantined myself to the VD forum, reaching out on RJ is harder, too.
                    I'd also need a co-commish or something and I know everyone else is in a bunch of other leagues.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I still want to do it, but I just don't have enough contacts (or friends!!!! ) to field an entire league. Since I've quarantined myself to the VD forum, reaching out on RJ is harder, too.
                      I'd also need a co-commish or something and I know everyone else is in a bunch of other leagues.
                      Fly to Ohio with Heye and get in our Pony League.

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

There was a reddit thread asking "what is a song you consider to be perfect?" that got me thinking about what mine would be. Mine would be Dogs by Pink Floyd. Up there also would be Nessun Dorma, which also makes me get teary so I don't listen to it as often. And, of course, Hearts Alive by Mastodon.

Edit: Oh, and maybe Natural Mystic or Concrete Jungle by Bob Marley.
                          One by U2

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                            Fly to Ohio with Heye and get in our Pony League.
                            sketchy this year being out of work... still trying to figure it out, but it's up in the air for me this year... I may just be a list...

List:
                            All Players - Bid 1 more than scott.

Comment

• foul - two posts in the commentary thread while on the clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                One by U2
                                which one ? Can you be more specific, they have lots of songs
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X