Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Did I get it right?

I'm not a big Rose fan, but I thought I needed his career runs. After Reggie Jackson went, Rose was my best bet for that decade.
    I was planning to pick him, thought I was pretty safe since i trusted Bene. At least I have $20 in my account
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Sometimes it's unavoidable, but the best way is not to look until it's your time to pick.
      Bradley was one of my targets. Actually not my #1 choice (left him out there), but now I've switched and I think I can get both guys I wanted, based on the decades that have been picked by those on the turn before my next pick. We'll see, crossing my fingers.
      Last edited by Ken; 01-24-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• I see there has been a bunch of spreadsheet talk and also that I'm up. Have there been major spreadsheet changes in the last few days or am I good to go with the one I have?
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          I see there has been a bunch of spreadsheet talk and also that I'm up. Have there been major spreadsheet changes in the last few days or am I good to go with the one I have?
          You're probably good to go. If you enter mjl's Thome pick and bargles your spreadsheet, there's a fix for that. Otherwise, the changes are mostly around adding or removing a save or RBI here or there from older players.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Gracias.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              You're probably good to go. If you enter mjl's Thome pick and bargles your spreadsheet, there's a fix for that. Otherwise, the changes are mostly around adding or removing a save or RBI here or there from older players.
              Disagree. His team is probably screwed at this point.
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I've spassed the last two rounds and decided to fill out my middle infield. I think I always do worse when I try to fill slots rather than draft value. At least Cronin looked like he was one of the better 1940's choices at this point.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  I've spassed the last two rounds and decided to fill out my middle infield. I think I always do worse when I try to fill slots rather than draft value. At least Cronin looked like he was one of the better 1940's choices at this point.
                  and at least you took one of the guys i wanted, so good for you
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I don't know who to pick so I just picked the guy that I thought Seitzer would pick.

#strategy

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      I don't know who to pick so I just picked the guy that I thought Seitzer would pick.

#strategy
                      lol, now you owe me $20 more VD bucks
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I've spassed the last two rounds and decided to fill out my middle infield. I think I always do worse when I try to fill slots rather than draft value. At least Cronin looked like he was one of the better 1940's choices at this point.
                        From my extremely limited experience it seems like there's a few phases to these drafts. Early on there's a set of players that just outclass their competition, relative to others in the same decades. Then you get to a point where the values are close on a decade by decade comparison, but the shallow positions are starting to get thin, so there's more heightened focus on position. Later on, if you have filled up those weak positions, you can focus on taking just the best pitcher or hitter relative to decade for your specific team goals -- you can start focusing on what you want to do on a category by category basis and let that drive the rest of the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          lol, now you owe me $20 more VD bucks
                          Bucks with a VD?

Scientists worry brain-wasting ‘zombie deer’ disease could spread to humans

Deer across North America are dying from a mysterious disease that gradually destroys the animal’s nervous system. And scientists are concerned that the infection could make its way to humans.

Comment

Bucks with a VD?

Scientists worry brain-wasting ‘zombie deer’ disease could spread to humans

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/sc...n92IxD9qVx1ZL/
                            I've suffered from the zombie brain wasting disease for several years in case none of you noticed
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              From my extremely limited experience it seems like there's a few phases to these drafts. Early on there's a set of players that just outclass their competition, relative to others in the same decades. Then you get to a point where the values are close on a decade by decade comparison, but the shallow positions are starting to get thin, so there's more heightened focus on position. Later on, if you have filled up those weak positions, you can focus on taking just the best pitcher or hitter relative to decade for your specific team goals -- you can start focusing on what you want to do on a category by category basis and let that drive the rest of the draft.
                              It didn't help that when i drafted Mays I had a different 500+ HR guy from the same era's positions in my head. I thought I had my SS and MI done after my first two picks... I think I even posted something to the effect...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                I've suffered from the zombie brain wasting disease for several years in case none of you noticed
                                The federal government should commission a study to see if Zombies will eat brains at buffets if they've been sneezed on, or if they waste them.

Comment

Working...
                                X