*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I saw an amazing chart the other day about advertising dollars. It showed newspapers vs. facebook and google. I probably dont even need to post it for everyone to know what it looks like
    I'll try to post it, but basically Facebook and Google have captured all the advertising that used to go to newspapers. So all our news and info will come from those two sources since they get all the money.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'll try to post it, but basically Facebook and Google have captured all the advertising that used to go to newspapers. So all our news and info will come from those two sources since they get all the money.
      And that's how they take over Vintage Drafting, lol
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Yeah, I was just using "Kindle" in place of "e-reader". I just meant that it's incredible to be able to hold 100+ books in your hand.

Edit: Of course, someone like me with big hands - the biggest hands - could easily hold 100 books if I really wanted to. Probably more. Some people say all aspiring book holders look up to me. I graduated at the top of my class in book holding skewl.
        that's why I have all the errors in my posts from my phone. Its the big hands The biggest, bestest, hands
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

ok, I wont try to post it in VD13. I'll spare you all, sorry for the sidetrack
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Donnie's Mitts Blessedly Little
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

ok, I wont try to post it in VD13. I'll spare you all, sorry for the sidetrack
              How many people use the feral slasher account?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                How many people use the feral slasher account?
                Just me and nully.

And a few of my friends
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Just me and nully.

And a few of my friends
                  Plus a few spiders and bots
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Plus a few spiders and bots
                    And bene. Seitzer and Johnny
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      The Kindle is the single best invention of my lifetime.
                      I might have to agree with this. I used to read a ton on my 45 min train commute from south Brooklyn to Midtown Manhattan, but stopped when I moved to Hoboken (with its 15 min commute). I kinda stopped buying books then. But them I got the Kindle, and damn it Jeff Bezos, you were f’ing so right that it saved your business! I now read about 20-30 books a year thanks to it.

BTW, reading “Football for a Buck” on the USFL, and how some raging buffoon destroyed a great, early 80s alternative to the NFL. And yes, there are anecdotes about how he was such an unbelievable buffoon then.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        I might have to agree with this. I used to read a ton on my 45 min train commute from south Brooklyn to Midtown Manhattan, but stopped when I moved to Hoboken (with its 15 min commute). I kinda stopped buying books then. But them I got the Kindle, and damn it Jeff Bezos, you were f’ing so right that it saved your business! I now read about 20-30 books a year thanks to it.

BTW, reading “Football for a Buck” on the USFL, and how some raging buffoon destroyed a great, early 80s alternative to the NFL. And yes, there are anecdotes about how he was such an unbelievable buffoon then.
                        Trying to guess who it might be. Any hints ?
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Trying to guess who it might be. Any hints ?
                          Your mom
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Rocklin (my town in placer county) has a teacher running for president. That's right, yep, skipping mayor or state representative or whatever... let's just go straight for potus.

The Rocklin teacher who made national headlines for questioning a student gun control walkout, is running for President of the United States.

Julianne Benzel recently filed with the federal election commission with the intent to run as a Republican Party candidate in 2020.

“We are unknown and we have a much higher mountain to climb,” she said.

The Rocklin teacher who made national headlines for questioning a student gun control walkout, is running for President of the United States.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I thought of a concept for a new type of vintage franchise draft. I don't know if it's workable, but it seemed interesting enough to share.

Snake draft order
                              Each drafter picks a "primary" franchise from which they will draft their team - the player they draft in the first round determines their primary franchise (can't duplicate primary franchises - I think that's a good restriction)
                              You pick players from your franchise unless you choose to steal from another franchise (no restriction on which franchise you can steal from, can repeat)
                              You cannot steal with two picks in a row (at least one of them has to be from your primary franchise)

You would end up with at least half of your players from your primary franchise.

I don't know whether that would be completely unbalanced. Obviously the Yankees franchise would be desirable, but if people are constantly stealing from your franchise, maybe it would all balance out? I don't know. And I don't even know how I would gameplan such a draft, which is part of what makes it intriguing.
                              Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 01-31-2019, 09:19 AM.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I am aware that it is my pick. I'm not sure who I want to take, but I'll try to figure that out shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X