*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    so speaking of escaping winter in texas …

anyone have any thoughts on Cabo vs Puerto Vallarta? I've been to Cabo a couple of times... just looking for somewhere quick to run off to over thanksgiving break. Flights to Riviera Maya suck ducks from Cali.
    all about the whale sharks imo
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I've been to both. It depends on what you are looking for. Puerto Vallarta is more laid back and relaxed. Cabo was more event filled and things to do (at least when I went).

Last time I looked into Puerto Vallarta there was significant travel risk due to the cartel violence.
      last time I was in Puerto Vallarta was 1991 for my honeymoon. 30th anniversary coming up, hopefully I get a vaccine so I can go somewhere. The cartel didn't get me, but I did have a bad experience riding horses without proper support. not fun
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        all about the whale sharks imo
        have you done that snorkel trip with the whale sharks? I have. It was great. We swam with 3 or 4 whale sharks and a manta ray when I was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          have you done that snorkel trip with the whale sharks? I have. It was great. We swam with 3 or 4 whale sharks and a manta ray when I was there.
          My daughter loves whales and we had a trip to Cabo set up for late March last year....then COVID came along. So I owe her a trip, we were both really excited, hopefully we can make it happen this year or next.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            so speaking of escaping winter in texas …

anyone have any thoughts on Cabo vs Puerto Vallarta? I've been to Cabo a couple of times... just looking for somewhere quick to run off to over thanksgiving break. Flights to Riviera Maya suck ducks from Cali.
            Cancun a possibility? Ask Ted Cruz how great that place is! But seriously, that area is incredible. Tulum is right down the road and it's maybe the best beach city in the whole world. Have fun, either way! Mexico is the best.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• a little Taylor Swift for y'all

“betty” Live from the 2020 Academy of Country Music Awards folklore available here: https://store.taylorswift.com ►Subscribe to Taylor Swift on YouTube: http...
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

a little Taylor Swift for y'all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orXAg5dIMa8
                youse guys are all fans I hope
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Cancun a possibility? Ask Ted Cruz how great that place is! But seriously, that area is incredible. Tulum is right down the road and it's maybe the best beach city in the whole world. Have fun, either way! Mexico is the best.
                  I saw some pix of Tulum in National Geographic probably 25 years ago and I was absolutely amazed. Hope to visit before too long.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Taylor Swift seems nice.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Taylor Swift seems nice.
                      My daughters played the song on our roadtrip down to college last fall. Good memories. So I have an excuse for liking it, lol
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My daughters played the song on our roadtrip down to college last fall. Good memories. So I have an excuse for liking it, lol
                        I torment the hell out of my family on road trips when it comes to music. My wife tries to angle to drive just so she can drive the radio, too. My kid likes to rock out, though. Or at least he pretends to like to rock out because he thinks his dad is cool. Someday he'll learn!

Comment

All you dudes with young kids will be there some day.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

All you dudes with young kids will be there some day.
                            My son's favorite band is The Beatles, which ain't too shabby.

Comment

I torment the hell out of my family on road trips when it comes to music. My wife tries to angle to drive just so she can drive the radio, too. My kid likes to rock out, though. Or at least he pretends to like to rock out because he thinks his dad is cool. Someday he'll learn!
                              My older daughter only listens to currently popular stuff...but she is somewhat aggressive in controlling the playlist. my younger daughter loves classic rock (the good part) as well as some new stuff. So always interesting when we hit the road. For some reason that Taylor Swift song sticks with me....as well as Kansas/Asia from Supernatural. Can't wait to take another road trip, i love to be on the road.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My son's favorite band is The Beatles, which ain't too shabby.
                                My daughter loves them as well. Took her to see Paul McCartney in Vancouver BC because the tickets were cheap and we happened to be in town. Was a really fun time.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X