*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I'm not saying what you should or shouldn't do. But I know I found myself getting angry at him and spending emotional energy on it outside of the time I was browsing RJ, and that wasn't helping me.

He is trying to teach us about proper media consumption and doesn't and won't believe that anyone here knows how to do it if they disagree with him, and that isn't going to change. He isn't interested in listening or learning from anyone here because he has decided we are a liberal echo chamber. Which is stupid, but he isn't going to let that fantasy be debunked. He sees everything as a confirmation of what he wants to see here.

He's particularly angry at me because a couple years ago or whatever, he wanted me to join his war to get GITH and others kicked out of here, and I refused, and he blames that choice of mine for RJ going downhill.
    Thanks for telling me. There are certainly other things that I can discern about his motives, armchair psychologist-style, but that's actually very insightful and helps me gain a better understanding of that very flawed person. There but for the grace of God go I, I suppose.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• What's up with the slew of brand new RJ members who signed up today with similarly styled names?
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        What's up with the slew of brand new RJ members who signed up today with similarly styled names?
        I opened up the registration, knowing I'd be bombarded with bots. I prune the alphabet soup a few times a day, it's just something I have to deal with if I want open registration.
        Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Ah, yeah. That's what I thought it was going to be but couldn't tell. You, sir, are a better man than I. His baseless attacks against you particularly enraged me so once more into the fray I went! I'm sure I will have no regrets at all, lol. After this attempted coup I even less patience than normal with the enablers or self-appointed enlightened centrists who have been circling this drain for the past four years.
          DON'T Do IT!!!!!
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            But I know I found myself getting angry at him and spending emotional energy on it outside of the time I was browsing RJ, and that wasn't helping me.

Given that he's shown he has nothing to add to the conversation, my goal in that thread is just to annoy him until he shuts up. Whether that is likely to happen, heck, I don't know. I can be pretty annoying, I know that much.

Is it an honorable method. Doubtful. But I can give it at least half of my effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              I can be pretty annoying, I know that much.
              I don't disagree
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• johnny is back?

Comment

• just found one of my cats dead on the carpet. Was jumping up on counters demanding treats 10 minutes before, go do something and come back and he's dead. He was only 7 years old. Sweet little kid that showed up in our yard looking for a home 4 years ago. He was a good little cat. Raced him over to the vet but they couldn't do anything for him. Suggested maybe a heart attack? Kiss your pets today for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    just found one of my cats dead on the carpet. Was jumping up on counters demanding treats 10 minutes before, go do something and come back and he's dead. He was only 7 years old. Sweet little kid that showed up in our yard looking for a home 4 years ago. He was a good little cat. Raced him over to the vet but they couldn't do anything for him. Suggested maybe a heart attack? Kiss your pets today for me.
                    that is so sad, sorry to hear it.
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Oh geez, I’m really sorry Heye.

Comment

• Oh no.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• yeah, weird. I've put cats down before, but I've always either known it was coming or had some idea that it could. ask me 3 hours ago how long I'd have Osie and I would have told you 10 more years. The house is very quiet right now.

Comment

• I feel like I should read up on you all's shenanigans with JJ so I can understand the talk in here, but I feel like it will blacken my soul a bit, so I'm not going to do it.

Comment

just found one of my cats dead on the carpet. Was jumping up on counters demanding treats 10 minutes before, go do something and come back and he's dead. He was only 7 years old. Sweet little kid that showed up in our yard looking for a home 4 years ago. He was a good little cat. Raced him over to the vet but they couldn't do anything for him. Suggested maybe a heart attack? Kiss your pets today for me.
                              That's awful, sorry to hear.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Sorry to hear that.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X